Node Red Watchdog

Hi all,
I have and an Hassio and Node-Red installation on a Rpi2. I have been following this Node-Red watchdog video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iGq3izVklY). I have set up the automation as explained in the video but my automation does not trigger!

I have set up the automation using the Hassio Automation Editor and the resulting automation in my automation.yaml file is as follows (this was auto-generated by the Automation Editor) :

- id: '1542219219882'
  alias: Reset NodeRED Watchdog
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.node_red
    platform: state
    to: unkown
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      addon: a0d7b954_nodered
    service: hassio.addon_restart

The idea with this automation is that the Node-Red addon should be restarted when the “sensor.node_red” changes from OK to unknown. I can see in my hassio logbook that the sensor changes to Unknown, but the automation does not execute.

In the Hassio Automation Editor in the Actions section, I hade to add json text for the service data. If I use this same json text in the services function (leftmost icon at the bottom of HA page) I can restart the Node-Red addon. This means that the json values are correct.
Does anybody know how I can check why the automation does not trigger?

Solved: It seems that the “from” and “to” values are case sensitive.

Just wondering if you’re using the hass.io node-red add-on version 1.+ and if you have actually noticed node-red stop responding to Home Assistant? Since version 1.0 this issue should be fixed and you should no longer need a watchdog for Node-RED.

I’m using Node-Red 1.2.1
We have frequent power failures and sometimes Node-Red does not communicate with Hassio after the power has been restored. I can log into Node-Red, but it does not connect to Hassio. The only way to get communication between Node-Red and Hassio, is to restart Node-Red.
I never had an issue between Node-Red and Hassio if the communication has been established.