NodeRed integration not starting: aarch64:12.0.1 does not exist

I’m not sure when but probably after the upgrade to v12 of the integration things stopped working, I don’t have that many automations so I didn’t realize something is wrong until I tried to use the button to switch on the light and it didn’t work, I logged in to HASS and when I clicked on NodeRed and I got fallowing message:

Add-on is not running. Please start it first

I get to configuration, clicked start and I got this

Image ghcr.io/hassio-addons/node-red/aarch64:12.0.1 does not exist for addon_a0d7b954_nodered

Safe mode is not working, configuration is minimal, I removed items npm_packages but didn’t work too. NodeRed integration logs are empty, supervisor logs showing the same error and nothing more

I’m running it on RPi3 and I’m kinda out of ideas what to do about it.

This node-red update is missing the stop timer node.
If you have used this node nothing work anymore in node-red.
Restoring the backup also does not work and you get an error.

I honestly don’t remember if I use one or not, what can be done in that case?

I see that 12.0.2 update is released, I did update but now I have 502 bad gateway :confused:

NVM working

I got the warning about the ‘stoptimer’ node, but restoring the backup worked ok for me…

I got an error about looptimer, but I just reinstalled it and everything was fine.

Hi

I have the same problem and I’m definitely not satisfied about nodes suddenly removed because they are declared as “low usage/installs anst of them have not been maintained for years”. I’m using “starttimer”, “stop timer” and “looptimer” many places in my Node-Red setup and I have been using these nodes for years and this morning nothing is working anymore :frowning:

I am sorry to have this unpolite reaction, but please don’t remove nodes like that. What about a description of how to build the nodes with “modern nodes” please please please. It seems I’m now looking into a weekend struggling with Node-Red (%&#¤%#”!”#¤%%&%)…

1 Like

from release notes:

Breaking changes

The following Node-RED where previously built-in, and have been removed:

• node-red-contrib-alexa-home-skill
  • node-red-contrib-looptimer
  • node-red-contrib-statistics
  • node-red-contrib-stoptimer
  • node-red-contrib-timecheck
  • node-red-contrib-traffic
  • node-red-node-msgpack
  • node-red-node-sentiment

They have been removed because of their low usage/installs and most of them have not been maintained for years now. If you like to keep any of those, you can add/install them again yourself.

but you can just add them yourself if needed under addon configuration:

1 Like

This is really good news aceindy - thanks a lot :slight_smile: I’ll look into it when I return from work later today.

Check the release notes before updating! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am still not able to get NodeRed working again. I added all nodes like described above.

but it is still not starting with the error message:

Image ghcr.io/hassio-addons/node-red/aarch64:14.4.5 does not exist for addon_a0d7b954_nodered

What do I need to do? My full NodeRed is down and a lot of stuff relies on NodeRed running?

That was a painful experience. I needed to run the following command from the terminal to get it up and running again:

ha supervisor repair

Thank you for this. I just ran into a similar issue and I suspect this saved me hours of trouble.

This worked for me thanks…

Below was the error msg
does not exist for addon_a0d7b954_nodered