Nodon unknown error when updating firmware

I receive multiple notifications per day to install firmware for a Nodon device. However, I’m unable to do so. When I attempt, I encounter an ‘unknown error’.

Nodon:
Hardware: SIN-4-2-20 by Nodon
Device info: “Firmware: 0x00010007”
Notification: “Installed version 0x00000204, Latest version 0x00010007”

Other Details:
Integration: ZHA
Zigbee coordinator: Conbee II
Protocol: Zigbee

Can somebody help me to solve this issue?

Sounds like this issue:

But no solution yet.

1 Like

Apparently you can update the firmware using the ‘NodOn Connect’ Android/IOS app.

Details are here: NodOn Firmware Update

I’m not even allowed to install the app on any of my devices…

this app doesn’t work at all…

I just tried it just now and it worked for me…BUT it needed Bluetooth enabling on my phone and I had to be pretty close to the device for it to recognise it. From a few rooms away it wouldn’t see it at all. It’s a shame it doesn’t work from within Home Assistant yet, or that Nodon don’t provide a more reliable solution.

If anyone is still having issues updating the firmware, it might be worth sending them an email (pasted below)…hopefully they might respond with something helpful. Good luck.

[email protected]

Hmmm… are you on iPhone or Android?
For me (iPhone) the app searches very long and just returns to the Home Screen to start a search. Not even an error message.

I tried updating with the Nodon Connect app for a moment. Firstly, I couldn’t install the app on my Android phone because it was made for an older Android version. Luckily, I had an iPhone lying around. However, when I scan, unfortunately, the device isn’t found. Is there a specific procedure to make the device discoverable?

If I don’t find a solution, I’ll email Nodon at the beginning of the week. Or the supplier of the device.

Switch off power supply for relay and switch on back. BT is enabled for few minutes after relay is powered on. Then you can find device in the application.
But application doesn’t offer new firmware in my case, all nodon devices are up-to date.

Facing same issue.
proposal of upgrade keeps coming but Nodon app says it’s up-to-date.
I did not need to power cycle my switch though.
Running on 2024.3.3.

Quite odd, I hadn’t gotten around to opening the wall switch yet. But now I’m no longer receiving the firmware update notifications. I hope it stays that way.