Nofication Volume Sensor on Samsung Galaxy S21

Hi all,

I’m working with the HA Companion App on Android to create some emergency notification alerts. My wife and I both have Android Phones both on Android 12. I’ve got a Pixel 6 and she has a Galaxy S21 Ultra. I have the alerts working fine for my Pixel, but am running into an issue with her S21.

My Pixel doesn’t have a separate volume setting for notifications, so in my flow (using Node Red) I’m able to get the Ring/Notification Volume, store it, raise it to max, send the notification and then restore it to the previous setting once the alert has been sent. The Pixel has Media, Call, Ring & Notification, and Alarm Volume sliders under settings

On the wife’s S21, it has Ringtone, Media, Notifications, and System Volume sliders under settings. Then has Alarm Volume under the Clock, where you set alarms. I can’t find a way to get the Notification Volume from the Android HA App, so I have no way to read what the notification volume is set to, before I set it to max and send the alert.

Is there anyway to get that setting? Also, I understand I can use the alarm_stream_max setting to send the alert to the alarm stream and not worry about the notification stream, but I’d like to keep both flows the same.

Thanks,
Dave

looks like we were missing some of the volume streams, here is the PR to add the missing streams to the sensor and the command

1 Like

Thank you, for the interim, I am just using the Ringtone volume sensor from the App and then setting the notification volume to the same. Having the sensor will be awesome!!

Thanks,
Dave

1 Like