Nokia Health products (Body+ connected scales etc)

I found the download menu and things work now - from the HA side. But the authorization procedure after the integration comes up with an error saying that there is a mismatch between the redirect URL and the callback URL. When I created the developer account I gave my own URL (website) but when HA sends me to the authorization website it uses the local IP of the HA installation. And of course there is a mismatch.
What do you do?
I reckon that It will also be a problem when the Withings component becomes a part of HA.

Hi,
I had the same problem at first. You need to adapt the base_url for withings to your own url:

withings:
    client_id: xxx
    client_secret: xxx
    base_url: xx
    profiles:
        - xxx
    measures:
        - bone_mass_kg

Afterwards the authorization website forwards you to [yoururl]/api/withingsā€¦ (with error) there you have to change your url to the local IP of the HA in the browser address bar.

1 Like

Thank you. Doing what you proposed. Got past the first error. Changed to local IP:8123 but are presented with an empty (white) screen. Tried to refresh the page and got the error ā€œthe server got itself into troubleā€
Running Hassio e.g. in a Docker
Thank you for your patience

Update.
Tried again and everything works now.
Feeling happy
Thank you for your patience and help

is it possible to get the sleep score ?

The API doesnā€™t have a score attribute. Rather, it appears to be the number of hours slept. In all, I think this is calculated on the app.

I have to do the authentication procedure every time I restart HA. Is that expected.

Any news of when the component gets integrated in HA?

1 Like

The auth procedure is suppose to be a one time process. I ran across a similar problem today and updated the PR. That should fix the issue.

No estimation of when this will get merged although Iā€™m feeling pretty confident about it being done (weā€™ll see).

Auth procedure confirmed working as a one time process.

We have to wait patiently but as long as it works as a custom component, it is much easier

Hi, thanks for this integration. I have Withings Steel HR, which tracks heart rate during sleep. But I am getting only weight, height, and deep sleep and light sleep indicators. Heart rate sensors all show 0. In sleep stats Health Mate shows HR during sleep. Can I do something so that heart rate sensors show something?

1 Like

Withings provides at least two measures for collecting heart rate. One is in sleep, the other is the normal BPM. Itā€™s probably one of of those, my guess is it will be the regular BPM as that information is collected all day too.

I had the same problem while developing the component. Turns out that HA uses translation files and will generate them at build time. For custom components, I bet the same applies. I havenā€™t worked with this as a 3rd party component but you could try this:

• Create the directory custom_components/withings/translations
  • Copy the custom_components/withings/strings.json to custom_components/withings/.translations/en.json
1 Like

Cannot find /.translations/

Do you mean /translations/ (without the .)

Thanks, this fixes it! :+1:

@ajmm. Can you tell me what you did? Does it matter which language HA is set to. Mine is Danish. Should the .json file be renamed?

All I did was create a .translations folder with stings.json renamed to en.json. You might try da.json if it doesnā€™t show up.

It worked - in English. Thank you.
Every time I restart HA I am notified that a new integration has been discovered, namely Withings. Even though it is configured already. But of course you can ignore it.

Same here every time I restart the integration is gone , I had to erased and re-integrate to make it work

@insaid. Have the same problem. Have a sleep mat. The values for heart beat and respiration show zero. Sensors are found but no values. Did you find a solution?

No, I could not figure it out. I though of waiting for the component to appear in standard HA package, maybe then will try again.

@ajmm. Did anyone succeed in authorizing the Withings component in 0.99b0?