Noob advice for conbeeII

Just received a ConbeeII to replace my Xiaomi Aqara hub. I can see the usb stick with lsusb and it shows up as ttyACM0 under /dev (not ttyUSBx)

However it does not get recognised in deCONZ (no device ever shows in the dropdown menu) and HA can’t connect to it either when configuring as ZHA.
I tried to configure it under Integrations, but I get an error message:

Same happens if I manually configure it in configuration.yaml with:

zha:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  database_path: /config/zigbee.db

I’m using HA 0.93.2 in docker (with - /dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 listed under devices in my docker-compose of course)
Not really sure what else to try…

That looks like ZHA not deCONZ config, have you installed the deCONZ add-on?

Once installed and configured, start the add-on and open web ui to add the devices etc.

Thanks. I’m not on hass.io in on a regular docker on Ubuntu.
Like I said deCONZ is not detecting any device do not too sure how to go now…

According to https://www.home-assistant.io/components/zha/ the ConBee II is compatible (with zigpy) and so you should be able to use the ZHA integration.

I’m waiting for my ConBee II to be delivered today …

Thanks. Do let me know your experience. I’m waiting for an answer back from dresden electroniks.

I’ve just plugged it in and used the ZHA integation. Type DeConz, device:

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE1964957-if00

To get the device name: Plug it in. Run “dmesg” and towards the bottom of the text you should see something like this:

cdc_acm 3-2:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

You can use /dev/ttyACM0 but that could change, for example if you also have a ZWave dongle.

# ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jun  6 01:37 usb-0658_0200-if00 -> ../../ttyACM1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jun 10 11:15 usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE1964957-if00 -> ../../ttyACM0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jun  6 01:37 usb-Sierra_Wireless__Incorporated_AC318U_354088040158013-if00-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jun  6 01:37 usb-Sierra_Wireless__Incorporated_AC318U_354088040158013-if01-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jun  6 01:37 usb-Sierra_Wireless__Incorporated_AC318U_354088040158013-if03-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jun  6 01:37 usb-Sierra_Wireless__Incorporated_AC318U_354088040158013-if04-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB3

The second device has …/…/ttyACM0 on it which matches what was seen in dmesg.

Turns out I did not RTFM. Once I followed the correct instructions to install deCONZ, I managed to get it running and apply a firmware upgrade.
The plan was to transfer my Xiaomi devices over to deCONZ/ZHA to get away from the Chinese spies.
Turns out I whether I use deCONZ or ZHA, I have the same issue where reported battery level is always 100% whereas via the Aqara Hub I get what appears to be a correct value (41% and 43% for 2 sensors with a 1+ year old battery in them.
I’ll raise a new post for this. The issue raised on this thread is now resolved

@lolouk44, would you mind sharing which part of the manual made it work for you?

Also is this the one: https://hub.docker.com/r/marthoc/deconz/

My Conbee II is working fine on RP3, but I am considering switching to my NUC with Ubuntu/Docker.

I have installed hass.io on Ubuntu and then tried the deCONZ addon as well as the proper docker container, but I can’t get the Conbee to show the firmware version - it just shows as “not connected”.
Was it the same for you?

I have added my user to the dialout group.
ls /dev is lists the ttyACM0 device. Same if check within the deconz container, so it seems to be exposed, but it’s not talking to any devices. I also restored my Phoscon GW backup, but no joy.

I am not sure what am I missing.

Hi @Viggen

I can’t remember exactly, I think I installed phoscon following these instructions and then it all started working.
linking to HA or using the container did not work until I installed phoscon (I guess some drivers are included in the phoscon package)
Please note: I’m on Ubuntu, not hass.io

Thank you. I think the root cause of my issue was misconfigured Traefik. I reinstalled Ubuntu and managed to get deCONZ working first try.

I am on Ubuntu + Docker CE and hass.io (piped into bash) and it seems to be running well.