Noob question: I can see my Hue lights but not the dimmer switches?!

Hi,

I’ve only just started with a Pi and the latest Hass.io running. (to give you context)

My Philips Hue lights have automatically added to the dashboard (/lovelace/default_view) and I can see the lights in the entity registry (/config/entity_registry)…

However I cant see my Hue dimmer switches (like this: https://www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk/catalogue/item/N215409W?from=category)

Any ideas on how to find them appreciated…

Note I am hoping to set up my first “hello world” automation: ‘Click the switch and turn on a light’ :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Its not integrated by default.

Take a look here:

1 Like

Thanks I will do :smiley:

Will this feature (access to dimmer switch presses) land in Home Assistant as part of the Hue component, or should I be buying a ConBee stick and setting up the ZHA component to access these events?

I’m sorry I have to revive this topic but I have the exact same problem.
All my hue lights are avaiable in homeassistant but I don’t see my dimmer switches. I don’t see them as battery sensors and I don’t see them as device triggers in automations.
I understand that the switches should be integrated by default now and that I don’t need the customponent?
Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Love to know more about this. i have exact the same “problem” with mine , as “AcidReign”

Want to use the hue dimmers as light clickers for every smart home device.

Thanks!

Hi, are you using Deconz?
With Deconz it’s just an event called “deconz_event”.
Go to the Developer Tools page in HomeAssistant, then scroll down to “Listen to events”, type in deconz_event in the field “Event to subscribe to” and press “start listening”. If you now press a button on your Dimmer you’ll receive the events (to get an example), those then can be used in your automations.