Noonlight Integration

Whatever the issue was appears to have been resolved.

@heythisisnate i am also having the same issue. Something changed on noonlight end?

The error just appeared for me as well.

Happened again, but also resolved itself. Not sure what the issue could be.

EDIT: It’s happening again.

It looks like the issue is on the konnected.io side. The token endpoint is: https://noonlight.konnected.io/ha/token and if you try to connect to that (or create a new config here), you receive an Internal Server Error.

@heythisisnate Hi Nate, you having any issues or your end?

I just deployed a fix. Please let me know if you continue to get this error.

1 Like

That resolved it for me. Thanks for the quick response on this!

1 Like

Hey all,

Just letting everyone know that the Noonlight integration is ready to go for users of HACS!

The inclusion of the repository into the default repositories list for HACS is pending (should clear soon) but in the mean time, you may add this repository as a “custom repository” in HACS (instructions here) to install it before then:

GitHub - konnected-io/noonlight-hass: HomeAssistant integration for Noonlight

We will take on the future development tasks soon (such as sending the correct services parameter automatically based on triggered sensors).

2 Likes

I’m new to home assistant. The ability to have 24/7 monitoring is essential for an alarm system. I see that home assistant has a cloud component to provide external access that comes as at a charge. Because there is concern with konnected making money off this integration, has there been any discussion with konnected about shifting the hosting over to the home assistant cloud? In the thread Nate indicated he wasn’t doing it for the money so it would seem he should be open to this shift.

The Noonlight integration is now part of the HACS default repository! Thanks @ludeeus :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hey Nate,
I am having the same issue. Have there been any recent changes? I get the following upon reboot of HA after adding the config.yaml updates.

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/init.py:277
Integration: Hass.io (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 4:39:15 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:39:15 PM

Component error: noonlight - Integration ‘noonlight’ not found.

@dahill64 how did you install the integration? did you install manually or using HACS?

Manually. I tried pointing the ad-on library to where the integration is supposed to live but it did not pull up the repository.

Noonlight is in the default HACS repositories now, you should just be able to search for Noonlight in the “Integrations” section in HACs and install:

1 Like

That did the trick. Thanks snicker!! Now I have to get the install validated

1 Like

Having the same issue and I installed using HACS:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/__init__.py:316
Integration: Hass.io ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+hassio%22))
First occurred: 4:17:34 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:17:34 PM

Component error: noonlight - Integration ‘noonlight’ not found.

Also getting the below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 387, in _load_file
    module = importlib.import_module(path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/noonlight/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    import noonlight as nl
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'noonlight'

Any thoughts?

Went to install it today from HACS and when I reboot HA, I get the following error.

20-06-22 16:29:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.sound] Update PulseAudio information
20-06-22 17:18:17 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store.git] Clone add-on https://github.com/konnected-io/noonlight-hass repository
20-06-22 17:18:19 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.json] Can't read json from /data/addons/git/4b956b7e/repository.json: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/data/addons/git/4b956b7e/repository.json'
20-06-22 17:18:19 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.store.data] Can't read repository information from /data/addons/git/4b956b7e/repository.json
20-06-22 17:18:19 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store] Load add-ons from store: 65 all - 0 new - 0 remove
20-06-22 17:19:57 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store.git] Remove custom add-on repository https://github.com/konnected-io/noonlight-hass

I’m new to HACS so any advice would be appreciated!

@dilscallion: You should be able to install Noonlight directly from HACS now, you do not need to have a custom respository anymore. You can remove the custom repository and see the instructions in the post above.

The warnings regarding SwitchEntity should be resolved in the next update but are not critical to functionality right now.

What effect, if any, does turning the alarm switch OFF, after turning it ON, and sending the help signal to noonlight?

The switch can not be turned off from within Home Assistant. the only way for the switch to be turned off is to respond to the emergency message from Noonlight.