Noonlight Integration

Is there any way to provide the zones that triggered the alarm to the Noonlight monitoring via the HACS integration?

@heythisisnate FYI I’m seeing this error now in HA

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.components.switch
Source: components/switch/init.py:123
Integration: Switch (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:18:13 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:18:13 PM

SwitchDevice is deprecated, modify NoonlightSwitch to extend SwitchEntity

same here, and I’m having API token failure too

@heythisisnate Looks like we are seeing this same thing again.

1 Like

I will check into this today.

@curt7000 @firestrife @cab426 Thanks for reporting this issue. It’s been fixed.

Nothing has changed on our side, but checking into our AWS Lambda logs, we started getting errors at about 2020-07-30 08:00 UTC, and the percentage of errors increased since then. I updated some dependencies and re-deployed our Lambda infrastructure, and it’s all good now.

I’m adding some CloudWatch alarms now to catch this more proactively in the future.

2 Likes

Is there a way to pass the zones that triggered the alarm along over to noonlight?

Not yet, but maybe soon :wink:

1 Like

I’m happy to help develop if you need a hand.

Any thoughts on this issue? SwitchDevice is deprecated, modify NoonlightSwitch to extend SwitchEntity

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.components.switch
Source: components/switch/ init .py:123
Integration: Switch (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:18:13 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:18:13 PM

SwitchDevice is deprecated, modify NoonlightSwitch to extend SwitchEntity

Thanks for the quick fix Nate!

The warnings in the logs should be fixed by updating to v1.0.1 in HACS.

Updated. All good now! Thank you!

Can this noonlight component be used to notify/contact more than one household member’s phone? Having noonlight text and call me is nice and all, but there are two adults in the house with very different schedules, so it’s severely limited if I’m the only one it calls when the emergency signal is triggered.

I am doing this. But, not Noonlight by itself. I use Google Voice. Setup Noonlight to use Google Voice as your emergency number, they will call and message that. As long as you add your number and whoever else’s, everyone will get called at the same time, similarly via SMS. It works great. They allow you to test as many times as you need to, between my routine testing and our own silly false alarms, the Google Voice interaction has been rock solid.

FYI - We actually use Google Voice as our primary home line too with a Obihai OBI200, definitely have a look into it, home phone is almost free, barring a 911 SIP service we pay for ~$12/yr.

this is unfortunately something on Noonlight’s side to figure out. You should definitely make that request to them, as i’m sure you’re not the only one that would want that feature

@curt7000 does have a good workaround. clever idea

I’m sure it’s a relatively simple implementation, but can you kindly provide a few additional details to get me set up with this? Me and adult #2 both have regular cell phone numbers, both have google accounts, and neither have a google voice number (but understand they are free). When you say “as long as you add your number and whoever else’s,” where would this information go? I believe you are saying (PLEASE correct me if I’m misunderstanding):

Adult #1 creates a Google Voice phone number and registers that GV number with Noonlight. Adult #1 goes into GV account settings, and under Emergency Contacts, adds Adult #2’s real cell phone number? Adult #1’s real cell # never gets used here?

Or does Adult #2 also need a GV number and I use Adult #2’s GV number as the emergency contact # under Adult #1’s GV settings? Does/can Adult #1 put Adult #1’s real cell # as an emergency contact, or would that just result in Adult #1’s phone being simultaneously called/texted twice by Noonlight?

@ManImCool sorry for the delayed response, busy work week.

Only 1 Adult needs a Google Account and to establish a Google Voice (GV) number.

Adult #1 creates a Google Voice phone number and registers it with Noonlight. Adult #1 goes into GV settings and adds both Adult #1 and Adult #2 mobile phone numbers. Once the phones numbers are verified, you can play with the GV settings how you see fit. GV will allow you to have all calls in to your new GV number simultaneously ring both Adult #1 & #2 phones. For SMS, there are options, you can be e-mailed if receiving an SMS (not really helpful in this case) or use the GV App. Adult #1 & Adult #2 should download the GV App from the Playstore or AppStore. Login and you’ll receive SMS simultaneously on both mobiles. Thats it.

Now, if you’ll only use for Noonlight, that’s it. However, definitely checkout GV and read up on it. We use as our primary home phone, this way Adult #1 & #2 get calls to the house (great when you have kids) and we can also originate calls from our mobile phones using our GV number as the caller ID. Lastly, for landline use, I mentioned earlier, we have GV integrated with a Obihai OBI200. The 911 SIP provider is http://anveo.com/consumer/default.asp

I recently moved and how do I update my address? I tried visiting noonlight.com but don’t see where I can manage my account information since I obtain token at https://noonlight.konnected.io/ha/token.

I’m sorry if this seems stupid, but I’m just starting with Home Assistant and trying to get noonlight setup. I noticed the posts above saying it’s in the HACS however I don’t see the community store. Am I missing something? I installed HASSOS in linux virtual box and I have the “supervisor” tab.

Thanks.