Norde vpn on hassio

Hi All, Ive been using Hassio for the last two months so still really fresh and confused about the whole thing. I am setting up a HA environment in my caravan / RV. I’m not one to usually ask questions as i like to research first before disturbing the wider community but i’m in need of some guidance please…

As I am a traveller, my router uses a mobile sim card for internet connection. As you may be aware most ISP’s only allow local ip addresses for mobile sims and not public IP addresses. Therefore i’m unable to

1. Port forward my setup due to having a non public Ip address
  2. Unable to therefore use duckdns +ssl
  3. Unable to open ports to integrate Google assistant
  4. Unable to install a NordeVPN on my Raspberry pi 3+ due to hassio not allowing root shell commands ? ( PS: I’m assuming running a VPN is likely to take care of my probelm)

As the whole linux command and jargon is still new to me i’m a little confused on how to proceed. Can some one please advise how i can set up my Hassio running on a Pi 3+ so that i can run nordeVPN ? Is it possible ? Is it a relatively simple process or 40 pages of linux commands ? :slight_smile:

Obviously im happy to have a step by step process but im not expecting that. but pointing me into the right direction would be appreciated.

FYI : Ive tried Hassbian before i moved to Hassio and assume that would do it ? however i find hassio easier for me to use while im still new and learning the ropes.

Thanks in advance

There are paid services that allow you to get around CGNATing by cellular carriers,

Also I believe nabu casa will work too.

Thanks for that. I went down the path of Nabu Casa and it works like a treat. Thanks for the heads up