Not able to save DuckDNS config

I’m trying to save token and domain in DuckDNS addon config but it does not get saved. It does not say anything when I click on ‘Save’ but when I reload page, I always see the default config. Here’s what I’m trying to set:

lets_encrypt:
  accept_terms: true
  certfile: fullchain.pem
  keyfile: privkey.pem
token: mytokenhere
domains:
  - mydomain.duckdns.com
aliases: []
seconds: 300

Found this in system logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/websocket_api.py:109
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:50:51 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:50:51

Failed to to call /addons/core_duckdns/options - not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['options']. Got {'lets_encrypt': {'accept_terms': True, 'certfile': 'fullchain.pem', 'keyfile': 'privkey.pem'}, 'token': 'ad0beec9-f47b-431e-99c3-a969534f6654', 'domains': ['miralhome.duckdns.com'], 'aliases': [], 'seconds': 300}

To me it seems like the issue is with capital T in 'accept_terms': True. I’m saving it as small true, not sure how it gets converted to True. Still trying to figure out.

If you click on Save from a mobile device, sometimes I see that is not take into account.
I need to click more on left of the button.

The click is being registered, that’s why I’m getting errors in the log. I’m on PC BTW.

Fixed this by copying the config from their documentation. It’s strange because the config I was adding was exactly the same. I suspect there might be some hidden character in their default configuration which is causing the validation to fail.

Just copy the following configuration and try to save it, it should work:

lets_encrypt:
token: sdfj-2131023-dslfjsd-12321
domains:
  - my-domain.duckdns.org

In my case the problem was the browser: with Firefox i’ve got the same error, with Chrome no

New to HA, i had an issue using your config here after I initially had issues with the default config that duckdns add-on give me. I used yours but still had an error. Found another thread that helped me fix it - add algo: secp384r1

The below worked for me…

domains:
  - my-domain.duckdns.org
token: your duckdns token
lets_encrypt:
  algo: secp384r1

On Firefox in ‘Alias’ field insted of leaving it empty I had to enter [] to be able to save it.

1 Like

Same here, but with Chrome. Thank you for sharing because this was the fix for me.