Not able to use Sonoff Basic (Tasmota 6.7.1) with Home Assistant 0.101.3

Hi All,

I have just started with Home Assistant, so i am pretty new to this and i am not able to figure out how to connect sonoff with home assistant.

Here’s what i have dont till now
– Flash Sonoff basic with TAsmota 6.7.1
– Sonoff switch is visible in Home Assistant (0.101.3)

arch x86_64
dev false
docker true
hassio false
os_name Linux
python_version 3.7.4
timezone Europe/Stockholm
version 0.101.3
virtualenv false

Sonoff which changes state from oon to off whenever i try to turn it on, on the home assistant page. But nothing happens on the actual switch.

So i checked the settings in sonoff MQTT settings and first problem is i am not able tos et the password it always default to ****.
So how can i set the password to my home assitant GUI password, i think that what i need to do. Correct me if i am wrong.
Second i have checked the console for the logs and here what i have found

i have checked online and rc -4 si for MQTT_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, but i dont know to resolve this.

Here is what i have in my configuration file, i am using the default mqtt broker, as i am not using hass.io.

mqtt:
switch:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Power Strip”
    state_topic: “stat/sonoff1-4726/POWER”
    command_topic: “cmnd/sonoff1-4726/power”
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”
    payload_available: “Online”
    payload_not_available: “Offline”
    qos: 1
    retain: false

Help me to get this resolved :slight_smile:

First of all, tasmota will always show the password as ****, nothing you can do about that.

What version of tasmota did you flash your basic with ? I know it is 6.7.1, but did you use sonoff.bin or sonoff_basic.bin ?

If you did use sonoff.bin, go into the tasmota console and issue the ‘setoption19 1’ command, this will enable autodiscovery for HA, then you can remove the switch from the configuration.

I presume, since you are not using hassio, you installed mosquitto ? Or what does ‘default mqtt broker’ mean ?

I have flash sonoff.bin and I am using HBMQTT Broker. I have installed mosquito.

I am not sure how to install mosquitto.