Not connecting kodi

Hi,
In kodi I enabled “control of Kodi via HTTP” and tested accessing kodi in firefox on the kodi IP at port 8080. Login username/password works and I can control kodi.

My HA discovers my Kodi system. But when I enter the user/password I used above, I get “Failed to connect”. I also tried configuring kodi in HA from start (specifying the IP and port myself) … no difference.

any suggestions on that’s wrong/need fixing?
Ton

Is Kodi on a windows system?

If so it might be a firewall issue if the browser you were testing from is on the same PC.

Kodi is running on linux.
I tested to reaching kodi from the HA server (lynx http;//kodi:8080), that too works

I use Kodi on a raspberry pi with an attached speaker strictly as a media player to play TTS messages from HA. Some things to check:

Under the “Remote Control via HTTP” option:

• I have no username and password set, so you might want to try that to see if it’s an authentication issue.
  • I don’t have SSL enabled.
  • Both options for “Allow Remote Control” are enabled.
  • UPnP Support is enabled.
  • Share my Libraries is enabled.
  • Allow Remote Control via UPnP is enabled.

Thnx. Username/password can’t be empty while configuring in HA. The account is okay (tested with lynx from HA) I added UPnP as suggested, but with no luck.
Opened tcpdump on HA, and the communication from HA is to kodi at port 8080. See the same in kodi.
Kodi itself however notes nothing in the log