I’m hoping somebody can verify this for me, because I thought i was absolutely going crazy. I have been reorganizing my YAML into packages, and while I used to have a giant file of automations called ‘automations.yaml’, I have been slowing moving each automation into various categorized files where they make sense. However, all the automations that I haven’t moved yet still live in ‘automations.yaml’, which I just moved wholesale into the ‘packages’ folder.
After doing this I had started to notice that some of my automations weren’t even showing up in the dev-states view anymore, and it turns out they were all of the automations in the ‘packages/automations.yaml’ file. I could not figure out why they wouldn’t be loading. The check config button still showed errors in that file, but none of those automations showed up. The “Initialized trigger” line in the log file didn’t show up for any of those particular automations.
Finally, on a whim, I renamed that file to something else, and all the automations in the file showed up again!
Please verify my sanity or lack thereof