Nothing bootable found in an acer laptop

Yes, you can, but after doing it this error appears:

I meant as the root user. Perhaps that is no longer enabled by default.

The root user is setup by default but cannot use ssh. After being logged in as paul yo should be able to run su - and enter the root password when prompted. to get to the root prompt.
To get tp where you can get back on track at 1.16, as root:

apt-get install sudo

Note 1.16 says to log in as the root user to run the usermod command.

Hopefully that gets you back on track :wink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAH IT WORKSSS. But, i got tired of debian and i decided to install w10 and run it on virtualbox. Maybe with debian or HAOS it would run using less resources but using it i feel very lost. Windows is my comfort zone where i can try to fix things by myself and not rely on good people like you just to turn on and off some lights and read some temps.

I feel kinda bad for not using your help but i hope you’ll understand my reasons and the tips will be online for other users if someone needs them.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Don’t feel bad at all.
Did you set the VM Network Card into bridged mode so it gets an address from your home network?

Yes i did! it seems to work perfectly, tomorrow i’ll play with it

1 Like

Are you planning on using any USB sticks for Z-Wave or Zigbee? That can sometimes be a little tricky to set up.

It exists as a more extensive guide than what the official instructions show.

Like I mentioned to you in that thread, the script in the guide is identical and will do exactly the same thing.

This is super frustrating.

I have an old desktop that was running Windows 10 and on which I have run Ubuntu. I have replaced the hard drive with a 128GB SSD on which I can install Debian 11 and boot the PC. I then installed supervised HAOS as described earlier in this discussion with no problem. I also just confirmed that I can (reinstall) Ubuntu and boot from the SSD.

But when I install the Generic x86-64 image on the SSD and then boot I get the same greyed out screen described at the top of this discussion.

I know everyone will say just stick with Debian and supervised HA, but I really want to get the Generic x86-64 running.

Any thoughts?

How do I post a bug report? Or are the developers already seeing this thread?

You’re using Balena Etcher to flash the image to the SSD?

Does your PC support UEFI or just BIOS ?

Correct. I have tried two ways:

• BalenaEtcher on my Windows laptop with the SSD drive in a USB cage
  • BalenaEtcher on Debian on the 1TB HDD on the desktop with the SSD connected to the SATA 1 port

It supports UEFI.
I noticed that once I have flashed the Generic x86-64 ISO to the drive it does not appear an UEFI. This is even though the drive does appear as UEFI before it is flashed with the Generic x86-64 image.

UEFI ENabled and Secure Boot DISabled. Correct?