- name: Jabber
    platform: xmpp
    sender: [email protected]
    password: secret
    recipient: [email protected]

I even tested:

tls: false
    verify: false

But no matter what I do I don’t get a notification on my smartphone using e.g. conversations.
The Pi running Hass has internet access for updating Hass.

Do avoid scripts or automations as cause of failure I tested “Services” in the Development Tools:

Domain: notification
Service: jabber
Service Data: {"title":"this is a test","message":"message text"}

But even that didn’t deliver any message.

What am I doing wrong?

The solution was:

tls: true

I can’t get the Jabber notification to work.

configuration.yaml

notify:

• platform: xmpp
    name: jabber
    sender: !secret jabber_id
    password: !secret jabp
    recipient: !secret jabber_id
    tls: true

automations.yaml

• alias: Check sensor value and show notification
    trigger:
    platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.cpu_temperature
    above: 60
    action:
    service: notify.jabber
    data:

ERROR (read_thread) [sleekxmpp.xmlstream.xmlstream] CERT: Invalid certificate trust chain.
ERROR (read_thread) [sleekxmpp.xmlstream.xmlstream] Can not read from closed socket.

What’s wrong here?

I have same issue. Seems like this component is broken since pyasn1 update

I Even had to deactivate xmpp as it seems to put has in a loop of tries

which xmpp server are you using, and which clients?

Ejabberd Server and conversations android client . I also use another httpupload CLI to upload pics and videos to my server /client

I ran into a similar problem, and I fixed it by allowing TLS v1.0 on my XMPP server (which tried to enforce TLS v1.2).

Apparently the Hass Jabber component doesn’t support something stronger that TLS 1.0 :frowning:

It’s more sleekxmpp problem which seems to be broken in last version.I also allow all SSL versions and this makes it work. Unfortunately nobody seems really knowing or using xmpp . that’s sad as there are iOS (chatsecure) and Android (conversations , pix-art messenger) so for all people who really care of privacy. Contact me and I’ll help to setup your very own chats ever. By the way…WhatsApp relies on modified xmpp protocol. So feel free: [email protected]

U can register for an account also just downland a client and register a jid .it’s of course free for you home assistant members. I also have something like transports running whuchbmakes it possible to write to Facebook Skype discord twitter …