Notifications delayed all of a sudden

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc404d07af8>

Hi,

For some reason, notifications are being delayed on one of the Android devices that has the HA app installed on it. It was all fine in the morning and when I tested it in the eve, I am getting notifications after delay of 30 min or more.

I have 8 devices that have the HA app installed on them (both Android and Apple devices) and for some reason a few are having issue.

I did not change anything that I can recall.

I have turned on debugging using:

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.webhook: debug

I am testing using my scripts that I have not touched and that generate notification and for debugging, just the service:

service: notify.mobile_app_xxx
data:
  message: test

My logs show:

2021-06-29 18:29:45 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Handling webhook POST payload for f9b0730c72050dda891d9b6fd7f3abf07f9d49cc3ad3fb84fdcbec3edf1d9ce7
2021-06-29 18:37:40 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Handling webhook POST payload for 718608850d80745b99b8698202948590c46e640fd780f68c08a4cfbf3f90b062
2021-06-29 18:41:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Handling webhook POST payload for da14956b3cbd1a03d10851b7b976ef3bc60039599e2fbb1f53ec0ff3f188c817
2021-06-29 18:45:17 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Handling webhook POST payload for f9b0730c72050dda891d9b6fd7f3abf07f9d49cc3ad3fb84fdcbec3edf1d9ce7
2021-06-29 18:52:40 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Handling webhook POST payload for e8c17b8db07c49885c8717cda7d23c9808ec389ab6d857447457d03c66e71069
2021-06-29 18:52:48 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Handling webhook POST payload for e8c17b8db07c49885c8717cda7d23c9808ec389ab6d857447457d03c66e71069

Regards,

Hi,

I stumbled upon Notify service not working.

So the above was the case for my Apple devices and enabling it fixed it. On the other hand, there is a 500 notification limit for Android app. I am unsure for how long…but it will reset in a day.

Can someone please point me how to increase this limit?

Regards,

that limit does not increase, its a service provided by home assistant. This limit exists for all mobile apps.

To speed up notifications

Thank you for pointing me to the articles.

So overnight, all notification counters have been reset. I still can’t figure out why the notifications are still being “delayed” to only two devices and instantly delivered to the others?

My “test” is that I use the debugger to call the notify service to send a message to either of my devices.

I had even restored backup from a day earlier and 4 days earlier but that did not solve the problem.

Some guidance would be appreciated.

P.S. I am running HA on Raspberry Pi 4 and I installed it using the Home Assistant Supervised method.

Regards,

I have seen the article Notification delay (#samsung #s10) - #14 by posixx and regardless of setting priority or ttl, the result does not change for me.

I realised that when I send the notification from my laptop, the notification counter is changing on the mobile phone app (using Pixel 2). The “successful” number increases.

I have looked in the setting and can see that notifications are enabled. I wonder if any update of some Google service has caused this to happen, i.e. the delay.

After looking at the notification counter increase, I restarted the phone and it fixed it!