Notifications to close an open door or window after a set number of minutes

Hmmm, doesn’t work for me.
I have a door contact:

binary_sensor.office_door
set first timer to 1 minute, nothing happens even if I click run actions.

The Blueprint doesnt work for me either, nothing happens even if I try to trigger it manually from the Automation. The log gives an error with the Trigger:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.test_notification_to_close_a_window
Source: components/automation/init.py:416
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:36:19 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:36:19 AM

Error while executing automation automation.test_notification_to_close_a_window: Error rendering message: UndefinedError: ‘trigger’ is undefined

What do you mean? You need to provide the variables.

nice Blueprint!!!
is it possible to push a service instead of notifications? i want to send a tts to my Alexa and not to my phones.
also a rain sensor to add would be nice

Ofcourse you arr right - my bad, I cant test the automation manually as it is then missing its parameters!

The error was simple, I hade mis-spelled my weather-entity when I modified the blueprint.

Would it be possible to have it trigger on multiple entities? Rather than having an automation per entity.

3 Likes

Probably needs to be implemented by HA first, but having target triggers would be nice.

1 Like

How would I adapt this to replace temperature with time range?

• condition: time
    after: ‘22:00’
    before: 07:00
1 Like

@roozbeh : Sorry for the maybe stupid question but how to import this blueprint to my Home Assistant? I see an “Import Blueprint button” on other Blueprints. Without the button I am somehow lost. Maybe someone can help. THX
Phillip

@phillipthaler there is a link to github in the author’s post, pointing to a yaml file. In home assistant you click “Import Blueprint” button (in blueprints, right down) and paste the link to the yaml file.

Thanks a lot for the hint. Worked smooth

In yaml-mode you can set up an automation like:

automation:
  trigger:
    - platform: numeric_state
      entity_id:
        - sensor.temperature_1
        - sensor.temperature_2

And in the HA-GUI automation setup you can have several trigger entities. So why not in a blueprint?

Would love to see this as well. My use case is after XX:XX time, remind me that is still open. In my case would be a garage door tilt sensor.

Any suggestions on this error? when i run the automation

Error: Error rendering message: UndefinedError: ‘dict object’ has no attribute ‘to_state’

in the step config is shows this

device_id: ab99d187465472f74f75608935b9657d
domain: mobile_app
type: notify
message: Time to close {{trigger.to_state.attributes.friendly_name}}.
title: Close {{trigger.to_state.attributes.friendly_name}}!

I have made a extended version of your version with custom sensor.

It sends three notifications to an Amazon Echo device to close a window or door after opening it, if the humidity reading (indoor) and temperature reading (outdoor) of the given sensors are below a certain level. For this blueprint you need a a working Alexa Media Player Integration, and a humidity sensor that updates its data in short intervalls. Most likely it needs a wired power connection for this. A working configuration is the SONOFF TH Sensor Si7021 connected to a Sonoff TH10.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Updates:
04.01.2022: You now can now adjust the volume of the message and the volume used by the Echo device afterwards.

1 Like

The versions with custom temperature sensor (the original one as well as mine above) aren’t working for me since last week. I found out, that the blueprint only works as long as the temperature is not below 0° Celsius. Does anybody know how to change the script to work with temperatures values like “-3” too?

I have to correct myself. Everything works again although the temperatures are still below 0° Celsius. Maybe my testing with different thermostats somehow solved the problem.

I don’t know why but the script suddenly is working again, although the temperatures are still below 0° Celsius.

Hi, I am using this blueprint for a while already, and it works perfect. Thank you.
Instead of having this send to a mobile app i would like to have it send to a telegram bot.
Would this be possible to do?

Thx för your work, will tty IT later

Hi niwi,

very nice job your version . :+1:

Is it possible to have a version with severals choices (media players ) ?

for exemple :

thx

Minos

Hi Minos,

technically it wouldn’t be a much work to change the audio output from echo to another solution. Since I only have echo speakers I don’t want to do this myself. If you want to give it a try yourself, you can find the code here: hass-blueprints/Echo-Notification to Close a Window with custom sensors at be81ae9cf3672146cb1c97b250ec380da313102d · niwi-hh/hass-blueprints · GitHub

Mostly you would have to search for all lines with “alexa” or “echo” and change it according to your hardware.

Cheers