Notify.mobile app no longer working

I’ve got a bunch of automations sending various notifications via the notify.mobile_app_<phone_name> and recently my partner upgraded her phone, to the same as mine. The default ID for our phones was both then notify.mobile_app_pixel_7_pro. Being the obsessively tidy HA user I wanted to change the device names to notify.mobile_app_my_phone and notify.mobile_app_partners_phone. Now I cannot find either phone in the notify service. What am I missing or doing wrong? I’ve tried the notify.notify service but that defaults to my pre-existing pixel watch and isn’t an ideal solution.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

HA Menu >> Developer tools >> services

Search for “notify” and your devices should be there. Do this to verify they are even registered

Then change the name of the phone in the Phones settings menu.

Settings->About Phone-> Device Name

HA app uses this to create the phone name. So i expect it is currently “Pixel 7 Pro”? Just change it to “your name” and HA should pick this up. In the future when you change phones you should only need to change the name on the phone and no changes on HA side.

1 Like

THANK YOU. That has worked a treat! Don’t know why I didn’t think to check there! Much appreciated.

Same issue. Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy. I still don’t understand why I can’t just rename it inside HA.

because the apps control the device registration and perform updates to it as needed

1 Like