Notify.mobile_app not being shown

Hi,
I had to re-install the app on my mobile device, restarted HA and the mobile app is shown under integrations (together with battery, and wifi and location status).

But the service notify.mobile is not being shown under sercvices and when triggering a notification I am getting the following in the logs:

2020-02-12 12:04:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Error while executing automation automation.send_test_notification. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service notify/mobile_app_sm_g930f

Any ideas what is the issue?
App version is 1.7
As a side note my wife’s phone is working fine ( i think she is still on 1.6)

EDIT: A host reboot solved the problem

After you login to the android app, you need to restart HA one more time.

issue solved by a host reboot (see edit part)

but just updated my wifes phone and it seems it worked without any restart

Yup I saw that was just mentioning that you missed the step of restarting HA initially. Host reboot is a bit more than what was needed :slight_smile:

to be honest first I made an HA restart but I am not sure if it was made after logging in… anyways Im happy with the progress of the app :slight_smile:

I am also having this issue. I have restarted HA and the Host many times. I am trying with mine and my wifes iphones. Any ideas???

My log shows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1258, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: Unable to find service notify/mobile_app_kyle_s_iphone

Are you sure that is your service call? Its possible the service call got renamed to something else.

That is the name that was defaulted in the app.

do i need a external url??? or do i need to setup something that i missed?

no you don’t need anything else other than logging into the app and restarting HA after the login. Go to the services tab under developer tools and look at teh service calls there, its probably named something else.

Got it thanks.

I don’t see the prefix shown either, what is listed as?

Just for info, I had to reset my push id in the app to get this working

settings > notifications > push id > reset

1 Like

Note these steps are for iOS and not Android

This was what worked for me. Thanks.

I would also like to know what is wrong with my config. I spent about 3 hours yesterday trying to find the problem.

The service is not displayed for me either.
I have deleted my app data, uninstalled the app (Android), delete the integration, restarted the Homeassistant docker or Homeassistant, my host system where the container is running but none of that helped.

Can it be that Google phones with MicroG are not supported? I have downloaded the Homeassistant app from the F-Droid store.

Otherwise, I can control everything with the app. Also widgets to e.g. turn off all my mqtt HVAC’s work.

Or could it be because I can only address my homeassistant docker locally? I have not set up dyn-dns yet and also no https. So far you can reach my instance under:
http://hostna:8123

F-droid only has the minimal version of the app with no google services support meaning no notifications, location tracking nor certain sensors. If you have google services then you want to use the full version of the app from the Google play store or on GitHub.

1 Like

okay this is extremely uncool for all those who don’t want to inform google about everything but a very important information for me.

Thanks for that! @dshokouhi

There remains only to hope that the will once change with the F-Droid app to openpushor something similar.

The alternative was that no minimal version existed, it was created for users who want the app without google services. Nice to know it’s extremely uncool this version existed without certain features.

Unless someone comes and spends the time to implement these things. Google makes it very easy on developers by giving us tools and apis. We are open source so anyone can come and submit a PR to add the functionality.

just continuing this thread instead of starting new one.
I just hit this issue and realized it’s because I don’t have working push notification (F-Droid app).

I was wondering if there is browser notification support?
For e.g. instead of using mobile app, can I use browser login (saving the webpage as app) and be able to get notification that way