Notify setup for SMTP not creating the service

Hey, sorry if this is a very basic question, and the answer is obvious. I’m very new to HA.

So I am trying to set up some automations to notify me via email. I’ve added this to configuration.yaml

notify:
    platform: smtp
    name: email
    server: smtp.gmail.com
    port: 587
    timeout: 15
    encryption: starttls
    sender: [email protected]
    username: [email protected]
    password: password
    recipient:
    - [email protected]
    - [email protected]
    sender_name: Home Assistant

I have tried with 2-factor authorization off, as well as on with the app password.
I have selected to allow less-secure apps.
I tried using gmail and yahoo
I’ve rebooted the server a thousand times.

for some reason the service “notify.email” is never created.

I’m sure I’m missing something stupid, but I’ve been throwing human suffering at this problem for about 4 hours, I’ve read through everything even vaguely connected in the forums, and I just can not figure this out.

What’s in the log?
Do you have multiple notify integrations?
Then it should be:

notify:
  - platform: smtp

- platform: other

Hey, I was able to get it working. Not sure what fixed really, but it is working.

I couldn’t find anything about it in the logs, except for when I tried to call the sevice with an automation it return something like “unable to find notify.emai”

I reenabled 2 factor authorization on google’s end, added the per app password again and now it works.

The only things that I did differently is adding the password to secret.yaml and referencing it in the config file, and when I set up the app password I chose “email/windows” and it worked. .

I am having the same problem. Copied the text verbatim (minus password and names). I have restarted 5 times. Hopefully 10 or 20 will be the charm. I see where the only other person who had a problem besides us had it magically appear in services. I hope mine does too, but just in case, can you explain how you put your password into secrets.yaml? I’m new - did you put it there AND under password: ###?
I had it working in the Node Red integration, but I don’t even know how to get a “flow” from there to Home Assistant, if that’s even possible. The video I watched to install mentioned how good Node Red was and they made a built-in integration for it. Not sure how to use it other than the email thing, which was basically the same as what I’m doing in Configuration.yaml, but they used port 465 and SSL security.