NSPanel - Can't get by "waiting for content"

Hi all,

Problem

• Upon plugging in the NSPanel, the display is stuck at the main screen with the message “Waiting for content… This is taking longer than usual, please check your backend configuration”

Details
I flashed with Tasmota and successfully got the LovelaceUI working as expected following these instructions:

I think I the problem started after I updated HACS

At this point I figured maybe I’ll try NSPanel Custom with HA Blueprint because that looks like possibly both a way out of this and maybe another good option

• I followed HOW TO - Flash Sonoff NSPanel with ESPHome where I followed all instructions where at the end I called the service ESPHome: nspanel_upload_tft and that seemed successful but the panel display still is stuck in the “Waiting for content…” message I specified in the problem description

I figured the problem is that I probably need to get by the “Waiting for content…” message before I can move forward so I tried reinstalling Tasmota but that ended up resulting in the NSPanel just displaying a blank/black screen, so I flashed again w/ ESPHome and I’m back to my “Waiting for content…” message

In ESPHome it looks good (see below log and how I’m able to turn the relay on/off (and hear a “click” on the NSPanel when I do))

I was also thinking that maybe Factory restore for NSPanel might be an option but I don’t think so since I can’t get to the Tasmota UI to run the command for the tft file

Quick update on this, I did the following so that I’m now able to at least start, but unfortunately not successfully flash the nspanel-us.tft

• Reverted back to Tasmota (see my original post)
  • In HA: File editor, go to config/www folder (if you don’t have one, create it), click Upload file and upload nspanel_blank.tft
  • From the Tasmota console, run the following (which produced a blank/grey (not black) screen): FlashNextion http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_MY_HOME_ASSISTANT:8123/local/nspanel_blank.tft
  • Then flashed NSPanel with ESPHome following HOW TO - Setup the SIMPLEST Smart Home Scene Controller

At this point I try to flash nspanel-us.tft in HA using Developer Tools->Services->ESPHome: nspanel2_upload_tft_url (which I also uploaded to my config\www folder) but consistently my ESPHome log shows “Ping response not received after 90.0 seconds…” occurred after about 20%, but it continued successfully until consistently (I tried several times) 30% (and 2424832)

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
I’m having the same issue atm.

Hi @wolter, I tried literally everything under the sun to get it working and it just wasn’t happening so I ended up buying a new NSPanel and it worked effortlessly. I can only conclude that the old one, which I know I purchased when the NSPanel very first came out, is somehow different than the one I just bought.

I also had the same issue with the NSPanel that I bought mid 2023. I eventually got it working after hours and hours of trying.
It was stuck in the waiting for content screen, this is taking longer than usual. I spent a good 3 or 4 hours yesterday trying to fix it. I then woke up this morning and gave it one more shot and it started working.
I decided to strip my apps.yaml and the appdaemon.yaml down and it started working.
So this is what it looks like now. I haven’t modified or added anything else to it yet.
I really hope it helps because it’s so frustrating.

and this