NSPanel + ESPHome: Nextion is not connected

Hi all,
I had the same problem till yesterday and then somehow it worked.
I have the blueprint-tft stored locally in the www-Folder.
I could control the relais, read out the sensor and so on, but the display says not connected.
I first pressed “exit reparse” and after that “Restart”
Then I saw for the first time ever the blue circle on the display, the status was connected and the “update tft display” worked as well.
I don’t know if this was just luck but maybe it helps for you as well.

1 Like

After struggling for a long time I noticed that after the latest Esphome updates, don’t ask me which version onwards because I don’t remember, there is a synchronization problem at startup. essentially when you turn on the power the panel is not connected. But if you disconnect the panel, leaving the esp powered and powering the panel again, synchronization occurs and everything works. On the firmware side, at the moment I don’t know where to intervene because we would have to find it inside the library by comparing the changes with the versions certainly from a couple of years ago. but the only thing that comes to mind at a hardware level would be to power the panel after the micro has started, perhaps with a GPIO that controls a transistor.

This is what I’m getting in the ESPHome logs of the nspanel, and it just keeps repeating:

Followed the guides to set this up. The buttons on the nspanel do what I programed them to do in the Nextion software, but the ESPHome code doesn’t seem to work.

UPDATE:
This fixed it for me: NSPanel cannot upload TFT file to Nextion display · Issue #3519 · esphome/issues · GitHub