NSURLErrorDomain - 1004 but not really

OK I was moving my Virtual Box VM to a different hard drive on my Mac . I was unable to get the “move” suggestions to work so I went back to a fresh installation my Mac min running Monterey. I now have HAOS 11.2 runing on a linux VM with Home Assistant core 2023.12.2. . I can ping HA on 10.0.1.13 and homeassitant.local. The trouble comes when I try to to connect from a box on the same network. If I am using the HA MAC app I get the subject error. My googling seems to indicate the that this is iOS not a Mac OS error. The server I and using was a happy with my earlier VM and HA installation. which ran ok… Since I cab ping it sound like nic ic configured fine…The HA (has_ova-11.2,vdi with current ext pack) should be a vanilla installation… Obviously I found a new way to break stuff. The error log seems to pinning at an issue with onboarding (which did not seem to occur because I cousin;t coonect). the error is

0023-12-13 20:16:37.571 [Info] [main] [OnboardingAuth.swift:70] erform(checkPoint:checks:) > OnboardingAuthStepConnectivity: rejected(HomeAssistant.OnboardingAuthError(kind: HomeAssistant.OnboardingAuthError.ErrorKind.other(Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1004 “Could not connect to the server.” UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=61, NSUnderlyingError=0x6000031e3a50 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1004 “(null)” UserInfo={_NSURLErrorNWPathKey=satisfied (Path is satisfied), viable, interface: en0, ipv4, ipv6, dns, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=61, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}}, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <355C443E-6D23-408E-BCBC-3FD78472CE0E>.<1>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=

1 Like

Ok. my sort of fix was to update everything Mac OS Virtual Box, HA. Seems to work noe … slow but works

1 Like

Hi, Gosh I’m having this problem too, suddenly.

I see lots of discussions about this without any clear (that I can find) explanations of why it happens. I didn’t do any upgrades on my iPhone or Macs (including my VMware Fusion HA Host Mac) but I can’t connect from any device (two Macs and two iphones).

This started for me when I was noticing that a virtual switch I had tried installing in my configuration.yaml file was not showing in entities. So I powered down my virtual machine and restarted my Mac (yesterday). Haven’t been able to connect to the GUI since. I can ssh in from terminal however.

This has me really shook because I thinking HA was solid / the best thing ever (I’m new to HA) but I’m a bit concerned now.

Has your solution continued to work you?

I’m updating all my operating systems now. About to do a fresh install of VMware …