NSURLErrorDomain -1205 Error in companion app help please

Hi all you whiz kids, can anyone help with this issue.
I’m running HAOS with all latest updates installed. I have DuckDNS add-on and Nginx add-on as my remote access solution.
This has been working fine for the last 12+Months.
Now for some reason I get the below error when ever I connect from my iPhone (14PRO IOS 17Latest) using the companion app ‘Remotely’ (It works fine locally)

‘The server “Myname.duckdns.org” did not accept the certificate. NSURLErrorDomain - 1205’

My Mrs also has the companion app and her’s is working perfectly locally and remotely.
I have gone through everything I can think of and the only difference that I can find is she hasn’t yet upgraded to IOS 17 she is still on 16.
Anyone have a clue what this could be and how I can fix it…
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

I’m having the same issue but it affects both my and wife’s phones. I noticed it only occurs when the phone is on mobile data. In my case it works fine when the phone is connected to external wi-fi network - i.e. wi-fi at work or home network.

It was working fine for me for over a year and then suddenly stopped a couple of days ago. It looks like this affects both iOS and Android, as I checked with my friend who has Android and he’s experiencing the same issue.

I’ve done a little more checking after your comments and found the same as you. It does indeed affect both phones if we switch to mobile data, but still works fine on Wi-Fi away from home. Hopefully someone reading will have a solution soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

+1 Me too.

Bit of an odd one. I similarly assumed it was somehow related to ios17 upgrade, but same situation on ios16 where it worked since that was released (O2 and 3 networks). Android user in house (3 network) has no such issues. Seems also to be location dependent for me, as occasionally I see my location has been correctly updated while I’m out and about with wifi off, but most of the times I try to use it I get the error.

EDIT: a small update. I noticed with Wireshark that nothing is even reaching the HA server. There is no request to be rejected. At that point I noticed I cant even access the duckdns website for the same reasons. Seems like some kind of network blocking maybe… Turning on cloudflare VPN (1.1.1.1 app) works as a temporary solution.

I’m having the same problem. Like you this started happened recently and i noticed that it only happens when connected via mobile data.

I’m using O2 mobile and looking at the following post on their community page, it suggests that duckdns is being blocked.

[Blocked DNS server - O2 Community]

Looking at another post, this seems to have happened before and suggests that the domain is getting blocked because of malicious subdomains using duckdns.

1 Like

I have exactly same issue. Doesn’t look like anyone has posted a solution which is very strange?
Or did I miss this?

1 Like

Having this same issue :frowning: Been having it for a month and had no clue why half of my location automations stopped working. I’m on O2 mobile.

1 Like

Same for me, anyone found a solution yet?

From a quick poke around I think this is down to my phone network provider o2 in the UK blocking duckdns, if you go to www.duckdns.org you get an access denied error…

Yeah, with a VPN running on my phone it works fine.
Not sure why O2 have decided to totally block duckdns :frowning:

Moved my URL etc over to Cloudflare and the addon , works fine now :+1:

have the same issue, only thing it looks like it only affects IPhones. We have 3x IPhones and 1x Android phones in the family. On android it works perfect in app but it won’t on iphones.

Error on iphones:
“The server “…duckdns.org” did not accept the certificate. NSURLEErrorDomain -1205”

I have duckdns and nginx proxy installed with valid certificates. HA works on iphones on local network only.
I dont know when iphones updates were made but all the phones were working fine till about month ago while on mobile network. Nothing have changed in my HA or Nginx configurations so it looks like a iphone updates are to blame.

Same for me. I’m so glad to have found this thread, I thought I was going crazy. I can’t connect through SSL/TLS/https using a letsencrypt generated certificate using O2 network and Duckdns. It works just fine when out and about and connected to Wifi.
There’s a ‘My Network’ app for O2 users. Going to try to raise a ticket on there to ‘allow list’ my duckdns. Will post here if that works - should do if they act on it.

1 Like

Update: The O2 ‘My Network’ app didn’t offer any good options. The ‘My O2’ app didn’t either, so I eventually got through to someone by calling 202., who couldn’t help. The closest they came was offering to allow my mobile phone to access ‘adult’ sites. So… no joy with O2.
I decided to bite the bullet and have signed up with Cloudflare, purchased a domain and followed the excellent instructions provided by Matthew Hodgkins. Securing Home Assistant with Cloudflare . I have home assistant running as one of a few containers through docker compose, alongside zigbee etc. Its now working perfectly both inside my home network, from other Wifi and crucially, from the O2 network - thanks largely to adding a list of around 10 known cloudflare proxies to the configuration.yaml.
It’s been a bit of a pain to go through all this, but for me home assistant is a chance to get experience using docker, yaml, networking, security, etc. etc. as I get rusty if I don’t use it.

I just tested this issue on one of the phones. I disconnected from wifi on my mobile phone (Android) and created a hotspot. Then I took my sons iphone and used flight mode and connected to the hotspot on my phone. HA worked perfectly.
Looks like its not a bug after all.

Thanks for info everyone!

Hi

Im glad I found this thread as Ive been having the exact same issue as reported above. The companion app on my iPhone 13 on Vodafone works perfectly both when on wifi and on mobile data.

My wifes phone, an iPhone 8 on O2 was working till sometime towards the end of last year again both on wifi and on mobile data.

At first I thought it was the app settings causing the problem but on a trip to Germany just before Christmas her iPhone started working again on mobile data. When we returned back to the UK it stopped again.

Then I thought maybe its cos her phone was starting to get old, but a few weeks ago she upgraded to an iPhone 15 which still didnt work.

Its interesting that everyone reporting these issues is on O2.

Im going the Cloudflare route as suggested above