Supervisor 2022.01.0
Core 2021.12.01

My setup is pretty light:
CC2531
Zigbee2mqtt
about 10 Xiaomi temp/humidity zigbee sensors
3 Xiaomi Zigbee sockets
one Arduino Nano with Standard Firmata

One or two updates ago (one of the January releases, before my current versions) seems to have caused the NUC cooling fan to spin continuously. And 90% of the time pretty noisy, so high spinning speed, sometimes it drops the speed, but never stops spinning.

I haven’t changed my hardware or software setup, so I assume there’s some HA process consuming CPU and requiring more CPU cooling.

With the Linux top command I can see this process constantly consuming 101 - 109% out of four core:

python3 -m homeassistant —config /config

But it’s the first time I’m looking at top, so not sure if this normal. Sure doesn’t seem to be normal.

Memory usage is low: 6.2GB free of 7.7GB.
No other issues, other than noisy fan. HA runs for days with no crash, unlike this reported issue (which may be related, though): 2021.12.3 causes high CPU and Memory Load · Issue #62309 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Rebooting several times did not change the behavior.

Before one of the recent updates, I never heard the fan, was probably spun just on boot.

Anyone experiencing this?

There were no January releases. The team took a well deserved holiday.

Search for the “profiler integration”. It can help tracking down rogue processes.

I see. So it comes from December release (and my January update).

1 Like

Have you been able to find any solution to this? I’ve started to experience the same with my NUC. I really can’t tell when it started happening, but it was probably after an update in the summer time.

Last night I took it apart and cleaned it with air on pressured can, but there was not much dust to see. I have moved it now to a another location than default because of the noise, but It’s still annoying.

I’m having a look at profiler now, but would be great to know if you could give an update on the issue!

Any update further on this topic?