Nuc System Monitoring Card

Can someone explain how to do this…for a beginner?

Thanks @Redpizza I didn’t notice this

I have edited my post to include making the total sensor and corrected the card from free to total so it should work now

Thanks

Has anyone worked out how to pick up the version of operating system, rather than hard-coding it. I tried:

platform: command_line
name: "operating_system"
command: "grep PRETTY_NAME /etc/os-release | sed 's/PRETTY_NAME=\"//' | sed 's/\"//'"

but that just give me Alpine, as I’m running in a docker - duh! On the Supervisor tab, under System you get the underlying OS - any idea how to get that?

That’s a tall order. I recommend starting with searching the forums for HACS (Home Assistant Community Store) and learning how to install it. It will allow you to install custom cards. Then install all the custom cards used in this setup. Once that’s done, you’ll have to learn each custom card and it’s attributes or you can try to replace the current entities that are used.

sensor:
  - platform: version

EDIT: Nevermind, haven’t had my morning coffee. I thought you said HA version. There’s a way to do what you want, let me find it.

This post by @CentralCommand appears to get information from the supervisor. This method probably has the ability to get the OS and it’s version. He might be able to confirm that.

Perfect! Thanks for that. Code to get the host operating system is:

platform: command_line
name: Host Operating System
command: 'curl http://supervisor/host/info -H "Authorization: Bearer $(printenv SUPERVISOR_TOKEN)" | jq ''.data.operating_system'' | sed ''s/"//g'''
2 Likes

Thanks for this excellent guide! I need to finetune some things (not all values are correct), but this is my view for now:

2 Likes

Well, that’s a start. It’s difficult to understand which documentation is outdated. I actually thought HACS was the community addons that show up naturally…and of course Custom Cards is not there. I’ll work on getting the HACS installed.

Everything in this card is custom, so the documents do not cover it. You have to search the forums or google. Here’s a link to HACS.

So, if I just want to monitor data about my NUC, I can just use the sensor code in my configuration.yaml file, correct? From liamstears post 3days ago.

Most of that will work. The command_line sensor platform may not but most likely does.

Maybe you can get some ideas from this topic too: Rapsberry Pi MQTT monitor

I use it to get data from remote servers.

What the heck am I doing wrong.
I have all the cards needed installed through HACS. Also listed in the ui-lovelace file.
But as one of the posters stated I get…

What is going on?
Thanks

If you’re using chrome, hit f12 on your keyboard. In the lower right corner should be a console and it will have JS errors, take a screenshot and post it here. You might also be able to see these errors in the home-assistant.log file as well, I cant remember though because I hid all JS errors.

Do you also have card-mod installed? I missed it and it was causing me all sorts of problems like this. Double check you have all the cards installed.

If you don’t have card-mod then go into HACS, search for card-mod in “Frontend” - it won’t find it, so click on the “Explore & add repositories” big blue button at the bottom right of the screen to add the Thomas Loven Github repo, and then you can add card-mod.

Thank you for the help.
All cards installed.
Cleared cache, restarted, but a full reboot took care of the problem.

1 Like

Can you tell me how to get the CPU percentage info from the Ubuntu VM, I’m not able to find that.

Can you post your code for the proxmox? Im trying here but with no success.

Another question is, how did you get the disk, ram, cpu and temperature from proxmox?