Nuki Card with Callback support (supports both Lock & Opener, it replaces the official integration)

Hi! Maybe i am missing something but it seems the states are not updating. I have to start the script manually every time to get the correct state.

Lock last update callback
21:15:22 (Dec 12)

Lock last update polled
21:15:22 (Dec 12)

Hi,

there’s a new custom component available now, uninstall all previous integrations (Nuki Card and the official integration in case you were using it), clean all the orphaned entities, and install Nuki NG: GitHub - kvj/hass_nuki_ng: Better support for Nuki devices in the Home Assistant

Let me know how it goes…

You are right, I’ll put a note in the first post.

The installation instructions of Nuki NG have been updated thanks to @kongo09, hope you find them easier to follow.

I just managed to do that last weekend and it’s working great :slight_smile:
Funny how long it took me to do such a simple task - but as your original integration work, was not in a hurry!

The custom component is much cleaner and Konstantin made a great job implementing everything that we came up with Nuki Card…(bridge autoconfiguration included). I had to do miracles to make the Nuki Card working fine, and it was impossible to do without extra things to store information. Glad you used it and liked it. Thanks to Nuki Card I was able to learn HA way faster…:slight_smile:

It’s Nuki NG time now…

2 Likes

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. This new custom integration works great!

1 Like

Hey Alex,

Just connected Nuki NG with my brand new Nuki Smart Lock Pro 3.0, all working great.
A bit unclear from your documentation: it is correct that the Nuki Pro 3.0 only support Cloud Web API access right, so its not possible to setup an hybrid connection for local access to the build-in bridge of the Pro 3.0?

Thanks for all your hard work. The official Nuki addon does not support the Pro 3.0 yet, so this was really needed by me.

Hi,

first of all: Nuki NG was made by @kvj, that was inspired by my Nuki Card, not me. :slight_smile:

that is not correct: the Nuki Pro 3.0 does not have an integrated bridge, they basically added wifi to the Lock, but it doesn’t support the bridge API. Adding a bridge is highly recommended, also to save battery life, and have local access to the lock. So you can have hybryd approach, but you need a bridge.

You can read this discussion with Nuki devs I had a while ago when v3 was announced: Nuki 3.0 Pro - #7 by alexdelprete - Questions - Nuki Developers

Thanks for your reply, i just tested the NG version from outside and almost outlocked myself :wink:

It seems that the Ng currently does not support to Open the door, only to Unlock the door?

Unfortunately my door keeps closed without the Open function and is impossible to open from outside.

Could the “open” function be added or is it part of Bridge only modus?

repository is not available, maybe adding it manually

Did you read the readme on the repository? I guess not:

It supports lock/unlock/unlatch, but lovelace is limited and it shows only lock/unlock. But you can configure a button to call lock.open on the entity, and it will open the door.

Scroll back on the thread and you’ll find some users asking the same question:

Repo is working fine, it’s github, hard to see that down. What url are you using? Check your dns/firewall.

I’m using this one https://github.com/kvj/hass_nuki_ng

Just tried it, for the second time: works perfectly.

What version of HA are you running?

noob error, just added, starting cfg now :slight_smile: thank mate

You didn’t choose integration, but the other option, right? :wink:

Glad you solved it. Have fun.

Thanks for your swift reply, my bad my bad, i almost panicked i bought the wrong device as i missed the ‘open door’ option at first at official app too, but its all there. Button works great, calling service via iOS en WatchOS works all great.

Thanks a lot. Based on your replies on Nuki forum however still doubting about a bridge as i am now fully relying on uptime of Nuki Web API or local bluetooth connection ofcourse.

I would have already ordered the Bridge if I was in your situation…:slight_smile:

For a Nuki Pro 3.0 owner, the Bridge is quitte expensive. A new branded, WiFi device, in a power socket, all for just local access and a bit more battery saving (but the Pro 3.0 is easily rechargeable and has a huge battery already).

I do understand the risk of relying on Nuki Web being online - especially as my door has no emergency function from outside so i can lock myself outside my house with only 1 outside door - but we should not forget that the bluetooth connection is fully local and working with my emergency Fob (burried in garden) and iPhone and probably Apple Watch only too (will test that for making sure-sure).

So basically the bridge is only an additional safeguard if for SOME reason the Nuki API is not working (but my local WiFi is) and at the very same time the local bluetooth of the Nuki Lock is not working too. Right?

Hint: you can also use the previous version of the bridge, v2. I don’t know if you can find it reconditioned or used.

Exactly the points I made to Nuki’s product manager with which I had a nice conversation. Problem is that if you include the bridge in the lock, the wifi should always be on, and the battery wouldn’t last long. It’s a bad design, if you ask me. Wifi makes no sense on the lock, I told him they should’ve added zigbee/zwave, not wifi.

Bluetooth doesn’t mean you can access the API locally, you can only send it commands. So it doesn’t solve the local API access problem. The bridge is needed. And I wouldn’t rely on bluetooth to open the door, I don’t think it’s reliable enough, but it’s just my personal opinion.

Wrong: the bridge gives access to an API that allows for example to make this integration work locally without requiring the cloud. If you don’t have the bridge, in order to use the API you need to use the Web API, that means that you depend on the cloud. Furthermore, wifi will drain your battery much much faster, and product manager of Nuki confirmed.

So, like I said, having a bridge is a no-brainer for the SL Pro 3.0. You should definitely order one.