Nuki Card with Callback support (supports both Lock & Opener, it replaces the official integration)

Hi Alex, thank you so much for your super fast answer :slight_smile:

1. I followed your instructions from the very top of this page (from May 29?). Didnt know actually that you just published a new beta version. Would be happy to test that. Where can i find the instructions for that?

1. I defnitely dont have the official HA NUKI integration running or installed. I actually tried setting that up and it always failed to connect, so thats how i ended up finding your awesome solution.

2. Its possible that me or my wife might have opened the mobile app around the same time. but not exactly at the same time though. dont know really. i mean i dont remember opening the app when i started testing this on the HA…

3. I also noticed from your screenshots the big difference in the bridge firmware. And i went to the app and checked it and it says there is no new firmware… strange. i will check again.

Again thanks so much!

just found in the internet this:

Nope, the ringactionState is a separate status variable. When you ring the opener, the bridge should do a callback and send this (example):

We can also monitor the status of that variable with the /list command, as per documentation after 30secs it resets:

So when you activate RTO, and you see the updated state of the opener, ring and wait for the callback (you should see the bridge led blinking when it sends the callback), then after 5 seconds send the /list command and show the output, we need to monitor the ringactionState variable.

curl -X GET ‘http://bridge-ip:8080/list?token=xxxxx’

I noticed that problem sometimes too, but it requires only clicking two times here, I have to investigate a little. I noticed that the opener is not reactive as the lock…and it’s more difficult to debug. I’m thinking I have it too far from the bridge so it has communication issue. Will let you know about this one…

Which bridge do you have? HW rev 1 or 2? When did you buy it?

Effectively, if it was too old, nothing would’ve worked. You might have Nuki HW rev 1.

Yes i think i have version 1. I got this like 2 years ago roughly…
Should i buy a new one?

A few posts above: Nuki Card with Callback support (supports both Lock & Opener, it replaces the official integration) - #961 by alexdelprete

Thanks for your kind words, I developed this integration mainly because the official integration was really inefficiend and slow, but it was working. If it wasn’t connecting, my suspect is that you had communication issues also with that one. Do you have a good wifi setup? The bridge is a very limited device, make sure it has a strong wifi signal.

Please make sure no other sw is sending commands to the bridge, this can create issues.

You can also update from command line:

curl -X GET ‘http://bridge-ip:8080/fwupdate’

I don’t think it’s needed, if Stephan said it provides the same functionalities. But you never know.

Let’s try to make your v1 work. If we see that it’s too unreliable, then I would advice to get a v2, even though v2 is not very good either…the bridge hw is a severe limitation of the Nuki solution, unfortunately.

They had a sw bridge solution, but I read it’s not supported anymore, it would’ve been great having the Nuki Bridge as an HA component. :wink:

Thanks again Alex. I dont want to cause you too much trouble. i tried updating the firmware but no change. i guess thats the latest one for the V1 bridge. I know the owner of NUKI and will talk to him about the bridge. Maybe they can upgrade it one day…

So let’s try to make your v1 work, no problem at all Emre. I can assure you the code works, it has been tested by many people and there are no main issues, so the problem is only the bridge limitation of being able to process only one command at a time, it can’t queue anything. We solved many issues by implementing a queue mechanism, but I can’t control if an external app sends commands at the same time.

If you talk to the owner of Nuki, tell him that we have several ideas on how to improve the solution. If he wants to do a conf.call I’ll be more than happy. :slight_smile:

ok noted. will talk to them in the coming days and come back to you. Can you pls let me know your email address so i can set up the call with you directly?

And thanks again for trying to fix the V1 now :slight_smile: much appreciated. So where do we start? Me or my wife are not using the app now.

Will send it privately.

Ok, first of all, if you have time available, try to install v11: like I wrote in the v11 post, you need to clean everything you did for the v10. If you have problems let me know.

ok cool. so where do i start? where do i find the v11? and how do i undo all the v10 setup? i guess the secrets.yaml can stay as it is right? Should i delete the file undert the packages folder?

ah found it i think:

I already replied here: Nuki Card with Callback support (supports both Lock & Opener, it replaces the official integration) - #981 by alexdelprete

:slight_smile:

Ok done. deleted the old file, deleted the lovelace card, deleted all the entities, restarted HA, created thr new file from the new beta. remade the lovelace card and it showed everything correctly and when i pressed the “Unlock” nothing happens and right after that fir FW version again becomes unknown… this time the lock didnt react at all. In the last version it always worked after a fresh HA restart… strange.

can you show me the lovelace card? want to see which sensors are unknown. I think it’s the /info command that is not processed correctly by the bridge, like in your previous logs. Check the HA logs also now. Let me know.

Confirmed: the /info command is not working. But you told me that when you restart, the first time, you see everything correctly, so the /info command is processed normally.

All the errors you see in the log are due to the fact that variables are empty because the /info command hasn’t been processed. Can you double click this error and show me the details? I want to check the Status Code error.