Nuki Smart Lock and Matter (or mqtt)

Thank you for your quick response.

If the communication is not working properly a restart of the integration might work, but not in this case.
Bur you are right trying to restart the MQTT feature on the lock side does not work.

Anyway - I have played around with the battery power mode, but both locks have the same setting (automatic) and the same FW (4.2.8).

Luckily I just saw that there is a new FW, which should improve the MQTT stability:
Release Notes: Nuki Smart Lock 4.3.10 – Nuki Support

I will check it out and report back.

Hi im having issues with my mqtt, thanks for the update on the new firmware, ill give it a shot.

I dont know if you have heard of mqtt explorer?

You can check the messages that are in the mqtt server

1 Like

Thank you, @MrRodz.
I will check whether the new FW solves the issue and will checkout the MQTT explorer if it’s not.
(didn’t know that yet)

I am interested to know if the new firmware fixes the issues with the frequent disconnects.

I will monitor this on my two locks and will report back.
I guess I will need another 1-2 weeks to get reliable results though.

In the past one of the locks went to unavailable and it took sometimes several hours (I suspect the Wifi repeater re-initializing to trigger a re-connect).

For now I can say, that the recent disconnects (3 since the update) have been resolved within 10 seconds - so I am positive that the MQTT connection has improved.

By the way, the NUKI App in these cases still showed the Wifi connection to be ok (so did the router).
So, it was obviously just the MQTT communication.