Numato GPIO configuration - Help required!

Has any one successfully got the Numato 32 port USB GPIO expander succesfully connected to a raspberry Pi?

I’ve manually added the Numato to the configuartion.yaml following the integration guide but the ports won’t show up as entities!

Any ideas gratefully received :slight_smile:

Did you ever get any help with this? I’m running into the same issue with a Synology.
Here is the Error I’m getting:

2020-10-09 20:28:11 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.components.numato.binary_sensor] Failed to initialize binary sensor ‘Entry Door’ on Numato device 0 port 2: Device 0 not available.

I know the device is working though because it is showing up under hardware on the supervisor.

I succedded to adress the Numato 32 port USB GPIO in UNIX.
by setting via the commandline
stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 ispeed 9600 ospeed 9600 time 100 min 2
enter the following in the commandline

cat /dev/ttyACM0 &
echo "ver" > /dev/ttyACM0

and you will get an answer
Additionally I tried to set the tty on startup via the

• als root user create udev rules file . e.g.:
    /etc/udev/rules.d/my_rules.rules
    KERNEL==“ttyACM0”, RUN+="/bin/stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 … parameters …"

but the tty is not set appropriately when hassio is up and running
stty < /dev/ttyACM0 says… SPEED 19600 … .
I assume home assistant overrides this setting.

So the question is, how can the ttyACM0 be set appropriately on startup of homeassistat before the integration of numato is called entry in the log is
"2020-10-22 10:13:40 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.numato] Initializing Numato 32 port USB GPIO expanders with IDs: "
Here is should say “… IDs: 0” or “IDs: 000000 …”

I use a VM Box to run home assistant on windows 10.

Can you post that question, since I am not able to post yet.

Hey everyone,
you’ve probably got devices responding with end-of-line-sequences '\n\r', so line-feed and carriage-return in that order. Mine (I’m the author of the numato-gpio Python Module and the Numato HA integration) return '\r\n'. So I originally wrote and tested the module not knowing that there are variants responding slightly different than mine.
I just improved the numato-gpio module to support both eol-sequences. I’ll shortly open a pull-request to upgrade the numato-gpio requirement in HA.
Sorry I got aware of your help request this late.
Best regards,
Henning

Hello Henning,

initializing of the numato device worked now.
But on adressing the numato ports the following error occurs:
2021-05-11 07:21:42 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.numato.binary_sensor] Failed to initialize binary sensor ‘Window Livingroom Glassbreak’ on Numato device 0 port 3: Query ‘gpio iomask ffffffff’ returned unexpected echo '\r\n# FF7FFFFF FF7F7DFF ’

2021-05-11 07:21:42 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.numato.switch] Failed to initialize switch ‘Relay Light Outdoor’ on Numato device 0 port 5: Query ‘gpio iomask ffffffff’ returned unexpected echo ‘FFFFFFFFgpio iomask ff’

2021-05-11 07:21:42 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [homeassistant.components.numato.sensor] Failed to initialize sensor ‘Soil Moisture Ficus’ on Numato device 0 port 1: Query ‘gpio iomask ffffffff’ returned unexpected echo ‘ffffff\n\r>gpio iomask f’

2021-05-11 07:21:42 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.numato.binary_sensor] Failed to initialize binary sensor ‘Doorbell’ on Numato device 0 port 4: Query ‘gpio iomask ffffffff’ returned unexpected echo 'fffffff\n\r>gpio iomask ’

Can you hekp on that.

best regards

Christian

Similar situation here, I have a raspberry pi 4, running the latest versions of hassio os and ha, plugged a brand new numato 32 channel into the usb port, at least figured out how to get it to initialize by adding the “discover:” parameter to the configuration.yaml, ensuring the id in the numato matches my id in the config, then rebooting. BUT It will not create the entities:

Logger: homeassistant.components.numato.switch
Source: components/numato/switch.py:37
Integration: Numato USB GPIO Expander (documentation , issues)
* Failed to initialize switch 'Numato Digital Out 01' on Numato device 0 port 28: Device 0 not available.

Any ideas what might be going on here? I needed more GPIO and got this because I thought it would be an easy integration since it was “natively supported”, kinda starting to regret buying this expensive board 0_0