NUT - new discovered device

I have a question about the integration for “Network UPS Tools (NUT)”. Some time ago I started to get information about a discovered device. Apparently, under integrations I got a request to set up the device. The problem is that I don’t have a UPS at home. I could ignore it, but it caught my eye. Am I somehow able to trace in the log what IP adress or else it is? I’ve tried queries like UPS, new device, etc, but no luck.

It looks to me as though it is discovered by zeroconf (see core/config_flow.py at dd4e5bb9c555f63002b85f4665501d1df41b4cfd · home-assistant/core · GitHub) but I have no idea how to trace any further.

Do you have a NAS with a UPS connected to a USB port?

I have a Synology connected to an APC UPS and this can act as a server to send the UPS status info to other devices including Home Assistant which picks it up as a discovered device:

Alternatively could you be connected to a VPN that has a NAS/UPS at the other end?

Just a thought.

He says he doesn’t have a ups.

You can discover zeroconf stuff with various phone apps.

For example https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.druk.servicebrowser

Yes, I definitely don’t even have a NAS. So for a while I suspected a shared drive service an openwrt, but found no evidence. I’ve been meaning to turn on suricat on the Turris router, but the mobile app is a faster way.

I really did discover the guilty party so quickly. It was myNode and it will be similar to the NAS one. In this case, a dump of the FW settings:

3493 ALLOW Anywhere # allow Network UPS Tools

Thanks for the guidance