NVIDIA Shield TV appears as 2 devices

I just installed hass.io about an hour ago, so apologies if I’m missing something obvious.

the automatic configuration appears to have detected most of my devices correctly, but I have an nvidia shield TV which appears as 2 separate devices:

One appears to display when something is being cast to the shield, while the other displays whats being played by native apps on the shield (only tested with the plex client)

Is there a way to combine these 2 devices into one logical display? there is no point when they can both be active as the shield can only do one thing at a time.

The second one is probably Plex-specific. Install Kodi, you’ll see a third done :slight_smile: While it doesn’t make sense in the UI, it’s useful to have specific media players detected individually - you want to play your Play Music files on Cast, but your local video files on Plex. You can do that via an automation, scene, or whatever.

On the UI, you can probably do something with the Universal media player: https://home-assistant.io/components/media_player.universal/

Thanks for the tips. I’ll try out the universal media player later today. I am a python developer by trade, so I expect I’ll have a lot of fun here once I figure out how to get everything set up to my liking :slight_smile: