NWS - No Hourly Entity Created

I recently added the NWS integration to my HAOS deployment, and I only got a daynight entity (no hourly entity). I tried deleting and reinstalling the integration and the behavior was consistent (still no hourly entity). The integration doc says:

Two weather entities are created for each entry in the configuration: one for day and night forecasts and one for hourly forecasts. The hourly forecast entity is disabled after configuration but can be enabled by the user. The time supplied for each forecast is the start time for the forecast. Sensors are also created as disabled entities after configuration and can be enabled by the user.

I cannot find a disabled hourly entity for my NWS instance. I can find the disabled sensors, and I was previously able to enable the disabled hourly entity for the installed-by-default Met.no integration. To be clear, I’ve explicitly searched for “weather” on the entities tab and checked both Show disabled entities and Show hidden entities but there is only one instance listed for my station. I’ve also checked the entities list by clicking on 12 entities in the integration, where I can count 11 disabled sensors in addition to my daynight entity (for a total of 12, matching what the interface says exists). I’m convinced that I don’t have an hourly entity, but I’m not sure why. For instance, is it possible that my station doesn’t have an hourly forecast, or is this more likely a bug for which I should open a github issue? FWIW, the existing open issues don’t appear likely to be related to my experience.

I think I see what the problem is…
It appears that “hourly forecast entity” is only supported for “legacy” NWS configurations.
I think this was changed for HA version 2023.9.x as they made changes to all weather integrations concerning forecasts.

In other words, if you had NWS configured prior to 2023.9 then “hourly forecast entity” would still be supported in 2023.9 (and probably up to 2024.4), but as of now if you are adding the NWS integration for the first time, then “hourly forecast entity” will not longer be there.

I’m afraid you’re right, as I discovered that the hourly forecast is displayed when I click/tap on the relevant weather card, but the hourly forecast is not included in the attributes of the daynight entity, so I can’t automate with them, which is a bit problematic. Any clue whether this is intentional or a bug that might need reported? I did a search for NWS in the core github and the results don’t match up with my issue…

2023.9 changed things where you need to make a service call to get the hourly forecast data.
One can create a template sensor with the entire hourly forecast as an attribute. Maybe from there you can build automations with it.

Here are a couple of links about this:

and