NYCE NCZ-3014-HA attempts to connect but leaves shortly after

Hi, I’m trying to get an NYCE tilt sensor to connect via Zigbee. I believe it’s the one that’s compatible with SmartThings (model number ends in HA), but when I try and pair, they seem to talk briefly before it leaves the network (according to the zigpy/bellows logs).

I’m wondering if anyone knows if it should work, if it can be made to work, and if so, what I could do to help make that happen.

I’ve had no luck at all with NYCE sensors. I’ve tried with deCONZ and raised a bug and now I’m trying with zigbee2mqtt… see if I can get them working with that route.

It is annoying as basically everybody else has support…

SmartThings
Vera Plus
Hubitat

So… why can’t we get these to work with anything else.

From this GitHub issue thread on zha-new ( https://github.com/Yoda-x/ha-zha-new/issues/47 ), it looks like they’ve got them to work with some code modification. The comments suggest the device issues a match descriptor request and expects a response it doesn’t get, then drops the connection.

I’m waiting on my cc2531 so I can properly watch the traffic and see what occurs, then hopefully there might be some way to add the necessary response and keep it connected.

Looks like the fix is already in zigpy/bellows since December 17, so we just need a new version of that to be published and then picked up by HA. Thanks to Adminiuga for making the change to fix support.

deCONZ now has support for the NYCE Ceiling Motion Sensor. You will have to pull the latest from github and compile.

In testing it functions great providing the temp and humidity sensors as well.