OAuth2 with Android Companion App

Hi Guys,
This is my first post here and I would like to say thanks to the whole home assistant team for your effort, hass is a great piece of software !
I learn a lot from this community, so thank you guys for your generously shared knowledge! As my hass instance is pretty much stable now, I would like to use it while away from house and started playing with Hass companion app for Android. Since my instance is exposed through nginx reverse proxy and secured by Google OAuth2 I stumbled upon connecting it from hass app. The issue seems to be related to fact that Google disallowed to do OAuth2 from webview which is used by android app. What I want to ask is if someone of you already managed to setup some secure and consistent authentication scheme based on oauth and supported by companion app for Android ? Also I did not found any roadmap for companion app, so could you kindly point me to it (is it exists) ? Looks like supporting external browser authentication call could solve my issue so I thought I could add a feature request or maybe help implement it (I’m not a mobile app developer but have some good java background).
Thanks in advance,
Rgds,
Jeremy

I already found an answer here

@jmiedzinski, how’d you end up getting around this?

I ended up by configuring VPN to provide access from phone to local instance of hass which is not exposed to internet. With a little bit of phone side automation (tasker bringing up VPN connection while phone is not connected to my home wifi and disconnecting VPN while on home wifi) I got seamless access to hass instance, proper tracking from mobile app and fairly decent security level. Not the best solution, but does the job and I hope that in future home assistant will give us ability to integrate with third party oauth providers.