Occupancy sensors to recommend?

@erje
The Unity sensor comes pre-installed with firmware to work with Home Assistant.
Home Assistant does have an integration to expose entities in Apple HomeKit. You can check it out here: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/homekit/

I have not tested this integration but after reading through the documentation it does look like the following Unity entities will be compatible with HomeKit:

1. RGB LED
  2. Humidity sensor
  3. Temperature sensor
  4. Ambient light sensor
  5. Has human target binary sensor
  6. Has moving human binary sensor
  7. Has still human binary sensor

The entities that may not be possible to expose on HomeKit are the numeric values such as the human distances and energies, sensitivity thresholds, offsets, distance range, etc…

There hasn’t been much interest in a Zigbee version of the Unity board yet. If it picks up then I may look in to it.

Thanks

Thanks for your comprehensive answer!

1 Like

I would recommend the Tuya ZY-M100 (Zigbee), I believe it’s currently discounted on AliExpress because of their anniversary sale.

Beats the Aqara fp1 in some scenarios, I have the wall mounted version and lt works perfectly fine. A lot of positioning and tinkering went into it though, I had false positives because of a PC fan

Just purchases as well, can’t add to HA as is not detected by Mi Home app or any other method.

Any news about thia device with HA?

Hello,
As of today 2023-12-06-020227-PM, is there any recommended occupancy sensor for HomeAssistant?

Something that is already built and works drop-in, like Shelly devices?

I was looking at the Enerlites (in-wall mount, and ceiling mount), yet I am still unsure about their synchronization with HomeAssistant.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Depends on what you want.

For PIR then there’s a massive range of known good options (Aqara, Hue, Develco, Linkind).

For mmWave things are newer, but you’ve got the EP1 and EP Lite, along with Aqara and even some (Zigbee) Tuya ones.