Octoprint Pi Camera

Does someone have an easy guide to get the stream to show up in the dashboard. Right now I get what looks like a broken icon in a gray screen. I added octoprint to the integrations and I am using the pi camera.

I read this, but have no idea what needs to be done or if it is even relevant to my situation. If I use a browser and go to the stream link in the post (obviously changing the IP for mine) and the stream loads fine.

I add this to my configuration.yaml

camera:
  - platform: ffmpeg
    name: 3D Printer
    input: http://192.168.x.xxx/webcam/?action=stream

That seems to be the issue. I add something like that into my configuration, reboot my HASSIO ODROID N2+ and bubcus. What are the next steps? I cannot seem to find a complete guide besides the one that uses MQTT, which at this time, I am just adding more complexities to a system I already don’t understand.

I am pulling the stream from the pi cam on my RP4. I just can’t get anything to show in the interface. I pull the stream in a browser and it works fine.

There were other entries that these packages for decoding streaming may not be on this device, but this could also be info I am mistaking.

Use picture entity or picture glance card

I guess I am still confused. Is this what you’re adding then? Because I still cannot get this working using no custom setup just adding the octoprint and adding the items to my lovelace config.

Lets see your yaml code that may help.

plus read this

@Arh I am unsure what you need. I have not made any customization’s to any yaml files. I simply installed the octoprint add on, added the “octo” items to the screen and that is all I have done. If there are additional steps that need to be done, then that really should be outlined in the addon. I am just following the instructions on here. I have only ever edited a yaml file when building any esphome configuration where I push a config to the device directly.

Here is my config:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

All includes have zero items in them. I have the most basic setup possible.

O K I never looked at the feed in my octoprint integration before. It works fine in mine. So it should work in yours. I checked in octoprint to see if you needed to check any settings and it seems you don’t. You are new to this I guess :blush:

All I can think is your camera url setting in octoprint is not default
/webcam/?action=stream

I am just guessing now.

I am mainly wondering if this is a bug as some other things that I had been reading show that the stream plugin (ffmpeg) may not even be part of the prebuilt OS that is used on this, plugin and go home assistant device (Odroid N2+). I am not using anything special on the configuration on octoprint. I can stream the feed from a web browser, but am unable to do it in the Home Assistant lovelace.

http://[IP or DNS Name]/webcam/?action=stream

My entire thought on this is if you can’t even get the basics configured, don’t try the advanced so I have been sticking to as basic as I can get.

@Arh Your assistance helped me get to the bottom of the issue. It turns our the issue is that all the controls can be pulled over ssl, but when pulling the stream the setting does not abide by the “ignore SSL check” option on initial configuration. Everything except the stream works over SSL.