Octopus Energy - Intelligent Tariff

I guess that it would depend on what permissions Octopus were given on them being allowed to access the Zappi.

I would be wary of gaming the system like this though. There are warnings against it from Octopus and there is a danger that they might pull the plug on what is, after tall, a beta tariff, if too many people do it. Or if they spot too many forum posts about doing it…

Thank you @megakid for this awesome integration. :slight_smile:

A bit of a strange queston perhaps: can this integration mean HA can act as a proxy for setting up with IOG?

In the Octopus app, when you first set up the IOG tariff, you have to chose either an EV charging unit or an EV itself for the integration between Octopus and your EV.

Is there a way HA can emulate this option or do I need to have a recognised EV (currently Audi, BMW, Cupra, Ford, Mini, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, Tesla and VW) or charging unit (currently only Ohme, myenergy and Wallbox)?

The reason I’m asking is that I’d like to use HA to control a third party EVSE with OCPP but the EVSE is not on their list. In this case Octopus would need to speak to HA to control the charging as I wouldn’t have a supported EV or charger from their list.

Hi
Has anyone written a script to work with Givenergy inverters ? I have a Gen 2 hybrid and an Ohme Pro EV charger. I don’t get multi slot. Notifications through octopus but do through Ohme app so assume it would pickup notifications. I’m very new to HA and would appreciate any help. TIA

Hi
I’m trying to recreate your smoother but when I can’t see the intelligent dispatching sensor. I have used it to create an automation but will not show it to me to allow in creating a helper. Sorry if its a basic question, I’m new to HA.
thanks

Hi, I thought I had sussed it but in the middle of a dispatch slot the sensors show nothing happening

I’m trying to start my givenergy batteries charging at the same time as I get a smart slot and stop charging when it stops whist also checking its not during the 23:30 - 5.30 window when battery charge is controlled by Inverter setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

But you don’t have any slots showing there? All 4 of your slot indicators are off so what do you mean?

Hi
I plugged the car in and was given 4 x 30 min slots by Octopus and then an early big slot from 19:00 to 23:30. I set up some an automation to try and charge the batteries when the slot came active but didn’t seem to get any of the slots registered as above - does that make sense ?
cheers

This is the automation that I use for my power wall

alias: "POWERWALL: Turn ON PW charging when intelligent slot starts"
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.octopus_intelligent_slot
    to: "on"
condition:
  - condition: not
    conditions:
      - condition: time
        after: "23:30:00"
        before: "05:30:00"
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: state
            state: "on"
            entity_id: binary_sensor.octopus_intelligent_slot
        sequence:
          - service: select.select_option
            data:
              option: "Yes"
            target:
              entity_id: select.home_energy_gateway_grid_charging
            data:
              option: Backup
            target:
              entity_id: select.home_energy_gateway_operation_mode
          - service: number.set_value
            data:
              value: "100"
            target:
              entity_id: number.home_energy_gateway_backup_reserve
mode: single
trace:
  stored_traces: 50

And this automation to turn off:

alias: "POWERWALL: Turn OFF PW charging when intelligent slot stops"
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.octopus_intelligent_slot
    to: "off"
condition:
  - condition: not
    conditions:
      - condition: time
        after: "23:30:00"
        before: "05:30:00"
        weekday:
          - mon
          - tue
          - wed
          - thu
          - fri
          - sat
          - sun
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: state
            state: "off"
            entity_id: binary_sensor.octopus_intelligent_slot
        sequence:
            data:
              option: "No"
            target:
              entity_id: select.home_energy_gateway_grid_charging
            data:
              option: Self-Powered
            target:
              entity_id: select.home_energy_gateway_operation_mode
          - service: number.set_value
            data:
              value: "0"
            target:
              entity_id: number.home_energy_gateway_backup_reserve
mode: single
trace:
  stored_traces: 50

Can someone help a complete Home Assistant novice.

I have the following set up:

GivEnergy Gen 3 Hybrid inverter + 9.5kw battery
Ohme Home Go the old one no buttons — EV: MG4 no api
Givenergy Charger
Intelligent Octopus Go
My energi Eddi + Harvi
Octopus home mini

I’ve got as far as installing Home Assistant, HACS, megakids integration, mqtt broker, the unofficial octopus integration.

However i’ve never created an automation before, I want to be able to tell my inverter to charge during adhoc intelligent octopus slots and not discharge.

Is that possible with my set up?

Hi all. Totally new to HA so be kind! :slight_smile:

To avoid draining my home battery when a smart slot has been allocated (outside of 11:30-05-30) I simply want to setup an automation to charge by home battery at the same time as my EV. Seems simple enough right but I can’t seem to get started, is there a step by step guide for this? I have Growatt SPH6000 inverter and myenergi zappi

You’re in the same situation as me, just with slightly different hardware. Did you make any progress?

Well this Is the Octopus intelligent tariff thread. So first you need to search how to control your hardware in home assistance. Then install the required integration or custom integration as required. After you have a way to stop and start charging you can build it in to an automations.

1 Like

Hello Dave888 - are you able to share this automation. I cannot for the life get this to work with the SOLARMAN device!