Odroid M1s image

Hi,atm I only find images for the M1, not yet for M1S in guthub.
I see there already has been a question if someone got it running booting from emcc, but did anyone manage to get HOAS installed on a M1s at all? Guess the M1 image won’t fit if I am not wrong.

Any ideas? M1s sound like a nice budget device with nice power consumption.

The ODROID-M1 image does not work for the M1S. Currently there is no official support for the M1S. I did consider adding support to the existing ODROID-M1 image, but it seems that the early boot files (memory initialization) is different between the two boards. So it would need a separate board, which is a bit more involved to add. Currently it is not planned to add ODROID-M1S to Home Assistant OS.

Many thanks,
will try to get it installed under Ubuntu on the M1S

I just realized that this question had been raised and I agree that it’s a nice budget device that suits HAs requirements. I’ve actually just posted a feature request on this earlier today.
@agners Any possibilities that this may be supported?

2 Likes

Hey @Canis089 just giving you a heads up that it is feasible to load HA onto Unbuntu and as a noob using this system I was able to get it to work. Yet, I do see quite a bit of lag and some add-on features seem to not function appropriately. It could also be my lack of know-how.
e.g. - I’m struggling to get wireguard VPN to function. My current understanding is that the Add-on may not support the Unbuntu environment yet you can add it directly to Unbuntu (of which I am still struggling, haha).

See the following related feature request :

Out of curiosity (and because both products have an rk3566) I have tried booting the HA-GREEN image on an ODROID M1S.
To my suprise it boots to linux and the display is working: https://imgur.com/a/I9Lcbtd

I can’t verify it is actually working because the device is not getting online, and the attached USB keyboard is also not responding.

Since it is booting, wouln’t it be easier to use the HA-GREEN device as a starting point for the M1S image?

Maybe the only missing part is just an adjusted Device tree Overlay?

Thanks

WARNING: writing an unsupported image to the internal EMMC prevents the device to boot the “USB mass storage” sd card. To boot from it in this state you need to short the “MASK ROM” pins on the pcb near the 40 pin gpio (metal tweezers worked for me) when connecting the power. If you re-flash a supported OS (for example Odroids Ubuntu image) it fixes the problem (you wont need to short the pins to boot from SD again)

I’m surpised it booted as far as it did, but save yourself some pain and try this build:

1 Like

Official support has arrived :grinning: