Office 365 Calendar Access

Thanks for the info. Do you have any ideas that I’m not considering on how to have a calendar sensor trigger X min/hours prior to the appointment start?

I don’t use the HA inbuilt automation, because the stuff I write is a little too complex, hence I use Node Red (which is available as an HA add-on). In that I could envisage a way where I had a regularly run process that could check the next event and set a timer to go off at the right time, which could then be used to trigger an action. Timer is available as a template entity in HA.

I do something similar with my light automations, where I want it to turn off after 5 minutes in one situation and 15 minutes in another situation.

Node Red is fairly simple to use, and because it is visual, pretty simple to follow.

Hi guys, I am trying to cast my Google Calendar to a screen that will replace the family’s physical calendar – but I can’t get it to work. The calendar shows fine in HA on the phone/PC, but whenever I cast it, it is empty.

I am becoming a bit desperate now because I am running out of ideas to fix this problem – and the Mrs is nagging about the lack of a physical calendar lol – but I was thinking that perhaps I could integrate the family’s google calendar in an outlook calendar, and then try to cast the outlook calendar. Do you guys think that might work? Have any of you tried to cast your calendar?

Just a side idea: We solved it here with a wall mounted tablet. Fully Kiosk browser and Google calendar cards on Lovelace, Atomic Calendar revive and we both are satisfied.

Yes, another device, she can moan about, but this way EVERYTHING works :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Bebe, I’ve thought about getting a smaller Samsung The Frame connected to a RPI through RPI too, but not even sure I could get it to work with some smart Screensave. Preferably I only want the screen to be on with the calendar during the mornings and afternoon.

My way will be: Android tablet with Fully Kiosk app showing the Lovelace view with the calendar.

In HA I will make a new user for the tablet itself. That user will be able to see only tabs with permission. If calendar is the only tab permitted, fine, that can be done. In my situation the tablet is allowed to view just half of all tabs i have. The possibilities are broad.

The screensaver setting in Fully kiosk are good too. I now use a setting, where the screen is always off, except someone stands in front of it. Works like a charm.

Getting another devices between your HA instance and the screen, like a second Pi or casting hardware makes it only more difficult to make things work reliably.

My approach works with a browser connecting the HA server directly, that’s why it just works… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huge thanks to @RogTP for keeping this alive. I use this to integrate my work calendar with my “On Air Light”. I would love to see the ability to add a filter to not create events when they show your time as “Free”. We have a policy to send meeting requests that show your time as free for PTO, which ends up breaking my use case. I did put an issue on your tree of the github and I am happy to assist.

I need to think on it. What On Air Light are you using and how does the hook up work?

Simple RGBW light outside my office. I have a node red automation set so that during a set schedule my light turns red if the calendar entity is ON. Problem is, All day events, which should show as “Free” show as “ON” in home assistant.

You should be able to access the ‘show_as’ attribute in Node Red which indicates whether it is a Free or Busy event.

Using what node?

Current State node pulls back the entity state and all attributes.

I have been playing with this… And I can see that your right, The challenge is that I pull back the full days events in an array, not just the current events. Trying to code a function in node red that loops through events that have a start before now() and end after now(), but the time code formatting is throwing me.

Also… I noticed that the now standard Google Calendar integration has a config option in the Yaml for ignore_availabilty, which does expressly what I need.

Can’t find the integration via HACS anymore :confused:

You can find the version I am maintaining here - GitHub - RogerSelwyn/O365-HomeAssistant: Office 365 integration for Home Assistant - you need to add my GitHub repository to HACS as a custom repository. I may get it added back as a standard repository.

1 Like

Is it possible to search a calendar? Using search in the yaml will find an exact phrase, but not if I search for part of a subject. For example, I can find Test if test is entered in yaml. But, if the meeting is Test Meeting, it won’t find it.

If you can raise this as a bug (or maybe a feature request) I’ll try and take a look at what it is meant to do. I’m rather in caretaker mode on the integration, so I may or may not be able to change how it works.

That said, searching for the use of wildcards in filters suggests that it isn’t possible -

Your integration doesn’t appear even after restarting multiple times. Do you have any solutions for this?

Edit: Just realized you have to put it in configuration.yaml, sorry

Is there a way to exclude events marked as “Private” from being pulled into the HA calendar?