Official Honeywell evohome/Round Thermostat integration (EU-only)

Set temp first (which will be until next scheduled setpoint), then switch to permanent override.

Got it, thanks!

I’ve been doing things like this - not sure if it’s a good approach:

When I’m at my other workplace, I’m not in my study at home, so:

- service: climate.set_temperature
      data:
        entity_id: climate.study
        temperature: 12

When I come back, I want to go back the scheduled temperature:

- service: climate.set_temperature
      data_template:
        temperature: "{{ state_attr('climate.study', 'status').setpoints.current.temperature|float }}"
    - service: climate.set_preset_mode
      data:
        preset_mode: "none"

I think this works - there may be a better way?

For those of yo with a HGI80 (or similar)…

… something’s coming!

Great news… Is this likely to land before Christmas ?

@GadgetUK, @scstraus, @xAPPO & others:

2 Likes

Here is an indication how inaccurate the shaded are is - it is very underestimated. The upper graph is evohome, the lower graph is from the new evohome_rf integration.

Notice the room getting hotter where the red ‘arrow’ is pointed.

I know why this data is inaccurate - the problem is fixing it. If I can’t come up with a reasonable solution, I will have to remove this feature.

People have asked me, so here’s teh answer:

The reason why evohome is inaccurate is because it doesn’t take into account the 0.5C dead band

• when calling for heat, the zone continues to call for heat until it is 0.5C warmer than the setpoint and,
  • when losing temperature, the zone wont resume calling for heat until it is 0.5C cooler than the setpoint

The ‘when’ qualifiers are important! That is, it is not sufficient for the zone to be 0.1C cooler that its setpoint fro a call for heat to be made! For this specific reason, it may be difficult to modify evohome to make this information more accurate.

If you look at the following post, you see that evohome_rf indicates more than just wether the zones is calling for heat - it also indicates how strong that call is (0-100%):

Coming soon:

2 Likes

… and:

2 Likes
1 Like

I really like what I saw here and I would like to ask if you think that among other TRV options (Tado, EQ3 Max! Neatamo or some Fibaro stuff) Honeywell option is still the one you would go with when you would have an opportunity to start over? My scenario is 3 rooms - bathroom with one heater, bedroom with one and living room with two. I would like to have some simple day/night automation and possibly no cloud (which is not the case for Evohome I believe).

I think with the HGI-80 integration, it will be the near perfect solution, where you can run it cloud, local only with honeywell controller, or local only without honeywell controller. It will cover pretty much any scenario. Even without HGI-80 it works very well from cloud component (though honeywell does not have perfect uptime, it’s pretty good), I very much like having the controller at home in case I screw up something on the home assistant side… So yes, I would repeat this purchase. That’s largely thanks to @zxdavb

1 Like

That is great to hear. So I would need something like let’s say Honeywell HR92 and the HGI80 (or similar) to act as evohome controller? Hmm…I need to look at that closely, quick google gave me prices for the controller around twice as much as for one TRV.

Yes he’s working on HGI-80 integration now. Still early days but looks like it will work. Scroll up in the thread, he links to it.

I did look through the thread, just wondering about opinions of current users if they would switch to some different TRV (system in general) for their use case :slight_smile: I would prefer something local without cloud, that’s where evohome is a questionmark for me :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t switch. I researched all the options thoroughly before buying and I think I made the best choice for me.

And, if I may, what components of the system you’re using? I’m trying to asses the bare minimum for it to work decently with HA, possibly without cloud, but I may live with it for now. As I mentioned I am looking at HR91/92 that seems to be reasonably priced for the features it offer.

I’m using almost everything they offer, only thing I think that I’m missing is the hot water controller (I always want my hot water ready to go). I have some of the round thermostats, 12 zones of TRV’s, boiler controller, the main evotouch controller, underfloor heating controller, etc…

I wouldn’t change a thing, but @zxdavb is working on allowing you to control the TRV’s directly from an HGI-80 so you could potentially get by without the evotouch controller, but it will probably take a while before he’s able to that done, a lot of things to finish before then.

Those are some important improvements! I’ve been hoping for something like those for a while. Nice one!