Official Z-way integration request

z-way is going to be supported in Q3-Q4 acouding to z-way.me, its suppose to replayce open z-wave ( i talk to support that stated this) quote “The one we plan is to replace OpenZWave in HAss by Z-Way library and hence will work on the same box.” and are you reliseing this with z-wave 7 “Yes, this is planned for end of Q3 or Q4”

Wow, if confirmed, this would be a huge piece of news!

Do you perhaps have a source?

The source is zwave.me support, dont how clearer i can say it? I have been mailing with a guy called serguei since il was asking for a integration to use zwave.me on a raspberry and connect it to my nuc running HA

I see, He is the CTO of zwave.me. I’ve had discussions with him in the past. He is generally pretty reliable but it would be best if this would be confirmed by Home Assistant devs. Maybe zwave.me is writing the integration themselves and will implement it as a custom component?

I asked them as well:
Hello,

Could you please let me know if there are plans to integrate z-way in home assistant as integration?

I am a Vera user and have some zwave.me devices (older) and whish to step away from Vera as my zwave bridge to an alternative… z-way. But the heart of my current home automation is home assistant and that will not change.

Thus please let me know to wait or to invest in an alternative.

Thank you.

One other thing which is clearly on their site makes me a little reluctant…
https://z-wave.me/about-skolkovo/
… Charged with providing the catalyst for the diversification of the Russian economy, the Skolkovo Foundation’s overarching goal is to create a sustainable ecosystem of …

1 Like

Why would that make you reluctant? It doesn’t seem to be any different from any other local startup supporting funds in other countries.

Something is happening…

Hello!

We are working on a project that will allow to use Z-Way library as the core of Z-Wave in Home Assistant. First releases will be around June/July I believe

Additionally there are ways to support Z-Way from HAss via HTTP requests. This is a community project and we have no deep knowledge about it.

С уважением,
Полторак Сергей
Z-Wave.Me

-------- Исходное сообщение --------
Дата: вс, 19 апр. 2020 г., 23:04
Кому: [email protected]
Тема: Home Assistant integration

Hello,

Could you please let me know if there are plans to integrate z-way in home assistant as integration?

I am a Vera user and have some zwave.me devices (older) and whish to step away from Vera as my zwave bridge to an alternative… z-way. But the heart of my current home automation is home assistant and that will not change.

Thus please let me know to wait or to invest in an alternative.

Thank you.

MQTT is broken in “their” app store…

Install it from github

How should one do that on z-way?

I’d also like to support this request. Z-Way looks fantastic and extremely advanced. The diagnostic functions are also fantastic.

Even though I am thankful for OpenZWave, it would nice to have other options available too.

I installed the latest z-way mqtt plug-in from Github. Got my 1st z-wave light Switch working in HA. Hoping for good stability while I work on the next z-wave device type.

Has anyone got news?

No, and to be honest, I dont care anymore… using OZW addon now and works well so far

I saw zway 3.1 is out. Any new about The integration?

Yeah I want to know this too. With Z-Way I just pair my devices and don’t have to troubleshoot them for 2 weeks straight before giving up. Even Aeotec Siren 6 works with z-way. It’s just that it’s not as customizable as HA.

Then upvote for it at the top of the conversation. Let’s hope we can get this one day, it would be really cool.

Yeah OZW looks nice but I’m concerned about the problems HA has as talked about in a recent episode of the Home Assistant Podcast with HA’s MQTT broker getting overwhelmed by frequent data point updates from Z-Wave devices (such as voltage, current, speed, etc) whose detail you may actually want…it ends up making HA unresponsive overall for blocks of time.
This is unfortunate and I hope there’s a practical solution.
But it seems that according to the devs Z-Wave via mqtt is not the intended ultimate solution and that the new OZW daemon is a step on path to the ultimate best solution for Z-Wave: Z/ip

has anyone tested z-way integration via openluup?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but this way we should be able to use existing Vera native integration…