OG&E Electricity Monitoring - Oklahoma

Much of Oklahoma has OG&E as an electricity provider. They have an app now. I’m wondering if it’s possible to create an integration to track electricity usage in Home Assistant, possibly using their app’s undocumented API?

2 Likes

Would love this also. Wish I had the knowledge to know where to even start…

They use CT clamps in the box behind your house in oklahoma or something similar. I bought two, 200 amp ct clamps, ADS1115 4-Channel 16-Bit A/D Converter, and an esp32 for a 80 bucks total and use it with esphome to monitor my power. I calibrated it using a shelly switch and a coffee maker and I get within 0.5% of my bill. Their website is delayed in power reporting and obfuscated. I tried to scrape it but they seem to have designed it to prevent that. In oklahoma you can use RTLMAR (GitHub - allangood/rtlamr2mqtt: Docker container to send rtlamr readings to a mqtt broker) for your gas, all our meters transmit a signal, and the best route is ct clamps for power currently. I investigated every way. The other option would be installing a full second meter thats under your control. They wont make it easy for you i would bet though