Old code, new error, email node "Invalid token"

I have a sub flow that sends email. I needed to change its server address, and when I go into the node (before even changing it), I see an error indicator (red triangle) which reports “Invalid token”.

I don’t even know where to start. The node has no significant data in it, just a name, blank to address (provided by payload), server as explicit IP, port as 25 (no quotes), not secure, and auth type none (it’s a local email relay).

What token?

I deployed it anyway and it does work, but now that I’ve touched it, every deployment using it complains.

Home Assistant 2024.4.3, Node red 3.1.9 / 17.0.12 (appears current on both).

Linwood

Have you checked in manage palette, right side hamburger menu, that the node is up to date? Delete the node, deploy add it back and deploy again.

Replacing it worked.

I regret that I tried replacing it before looking at it in the manage palette, foolishly, so I cannot tell if it was previously up to date (and it’s in a subflow so the only occurrence).

I also now know I have to review those and update – I (even more foolishly) thought that updating node red itself was updating all the nodes, but apparently not. Though I’m a bit terrified of going through and just updating all that I see are out of date, almost every time node red updates something breaks, can’t imagine what all those will do. But I guess I should.

Thank you. Wish I understood what was broken – since if it was out of date it should not have changed since last use (when it did not have that error). But… working now, I’ll take it as a win.

Linwood

1 Like