OLD Doorbell Switch with no power?

Hi all,

I have this wiring for my current doorbell, its basically a return light switch. It has these cable in it which I don’t thing have any power running through.

Is there a ‘Smart’ replacement for that, mainly looking for ZIGBEE or possible Zwave

Thanks

i think you do have power be it low you should have a doorbell transformer somewhere in your home.
if no power you shouldn’t have any wires.

where does the sound come out? open this up and maybe transformer is in there.

I have similar situation, plain old 220VAC bell in my coridor and similar push button at my front door. I replaced bell with small 220V AC relay and contact of this relay shorten reed relay in xiaomi zigbee door/window sensor. Works like charm.

I agree with @Tejasjpatel there is more to that somewhere… a transformer in a basement/crawl space etc. As he mentioned, where does the sound come out? It’s possible it’s on the neutral side so you would only see voltage when actually pressed (I know those of you in other parts of the world call it something else instead) but either way…. Do you have a volt meter?

Also can we see the front of it? Im curious what that little circular thing on the corner is? Also a picture of the inside of the chime itself may be helpful

Yes I can switch off the bell (2 way switch ) from the inside, the chime is above the switch.

I was thinking of putting a sonoff wall switch instead of the outdoor one. To keep both the chime and any automations. Currently I have a ZigBee button next to it that triggers mobile and Alexa alerts. I wish to do this to keep chime as well.

any diagrams to help[, no idea re relays etc

The chime / transformers are in my reply to @Tejasjpatel. I can get a voltmeter.

the circular thing is ‘padding’ here is a pic of the front

Frenck’s doorbell?