WiFi doorbell

Hello all,

This has been asked a few times but haven’t really found the answer for me yet.
I would like to have a (payable) WiFi doorbell which can be integrated into Home Assistant.
Can anyone recommend one?

I would like to have a video stream and I’ve read that 2way audio is not supported with Home Assistant so it should be available via it’s own app as well.
I do want to add some automations with it (eg. turn the light outside on and send push notifications to phones) and would be nice to add the video feed to MotionEye say I can write video recordings to my fileserver.

I do not want to play around with a Pi or whatever, would like a ready to use video doorbell.

Have a look at this: Tip: interesting doorbell which seems to really work!

Hello @Nick4,

Thank you for your answer!
I have seen this video in the past and I liked it, but the doorbell costs about €200 (€120 on AliExpress and many weeks of waiting) which in my opinion is way too much for a doorbell.
Don’t get me wrong, I really liked your solution but I think it’s crazy a doorbell has to cost so much money :frowning:
I also would prefer the doorbell to have a wifi connection and run on batteries.

Again, thank you for your answer, seems you’re the only one with a solution but it’s just too expensive for me.

Hi Cris, of course I didn’t know what your idea of ‘payable’ means but just wanted to point you to that topic because I have seen A LOT of examples that don’t work.

One would think that nowadays it can not be that hard to produce a doorbell that is cheaper AND works well in every way.
I guess one part of the problem is whether you make it work over Wifi or not and what you want to use on the other side, being a doorstation, an app and if it has to be reached from outside the LAN: this makes it more complex

I once bumped into a DIY project with an ESP cam, which is of course VERY cheap but you have to get your hands dirty.
When you find something off the shelve that is cheap and works, you can make a lot of people happy by sharing it.

€ 25,48 35% Off | ANRAN Wireless Video IP Camera 1080P HD Outdoor Surveillance Security Camera Two Way Audio IR Bullet Wifi Camera Support Onvif

Cheap enough??

I’m using this together with Frenck’s smart doorbell
and it works like a charm…

(sorry for the mess…doing some rebuilding atm)

At nighttime i have it also detecting motion with Motioneye :yum:

Ahhh looks awesome!
Cheap enough indeed :rofl:

And if needed, I can still use the app it came with for 2 way audio :yum:

I bought the one from your link. How did you integrate it ?

Edit: Found with Fing that there is onvif on port 8080. So integrated already.

I used this site to look up the rtsp link for the AR-W602
and configured MotionEye accordingly.
rtsp://admin:[email protected]/11

Then I configured a camera in configuration.yaml which uses the url from MotionEye for my LoveLace pages:

# Setup Mjpeg video stream for Doorcam
camera:
  - platform: mjpeg
    name: "doorcam"
    mjpeg_url: “http://192.168.1.10:8081

as well as for motion detection (using a webhook in motioneye)

and my doorbel button

1 Like

Thanks. Very useful information.

PS…for those who are intrested…onvif also works for ANRAN AR-602W camera:

# Setup Mjpeg video stream for Doorcam
stream:
ffmpeg:
camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: Streaming Enabled
    stream_source: "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/11"
    still_image_url: "http://admin:[email protected]/tmpfs/auto.jpg"

Hi,
I just got an AR-610 wifi/utp camera delivered last week.
I am having a lot of trouble getting it connected :confused: I currently have it connected to UTP (since I’m not sure if it will be even possible to connect it to wifi without the manufacturer app…).
I first tried the website you also provided to find the correct rtsp url without any luck.

I then contacted the vendor and got this information concerning its rtsp address:

[rtsp://user:password@ipaddr:port/chN_M.264]
【user】 : The default username is admin
【password】: The password is empty by default
[ipaddr]: IP address of the device
【port】Port: 80 or 554
[N] is the channel number: IPC is 0, 4-channel NVR is 0~3, and 8-channel NVR is 0~7.
[M] is the code stream number: the main code stream is 0, and the secondary code stream is 1;

I tried all possible combinations without any luck.
Any chance you could share how you set up the camera inside motioneye ?
eg: did you just enter the following?
-Network Camera

• rtsp://192.168.1.20:554/11
  • username: admin
  • password: admin

Or did you include the admin:admin@ in the url / leaving the fields empty…

This is also my first experience with any rtsp channel.
If you go to http://admin:[email protected]/tmpfs/auto.jpg in a browser you also get the image provided? Is there any way to test a rtsp url out of motioneye?

Thanks in advance!

Mine doesn’t seem to use credentials and uses port 80, this is my rtsp for my cam:

rtsp://192.168.101.13/22

Have you tried that rtsp in MorionEye?
It should look like this (i guess):

rtsp://admin:@192.168.1.20:ch0_0.264

(not sure if the 2nd : is required when password is empty)
this would be IPC mode [N] on main stream [M].

See also 雄迈,海芯威视,九安,安佳威视的RTSP地址-涛哥安防 under Jiu’an

You can test with VLC

1 Like

@aceindy Thanks a lot for your help. your feedback really put me on the right track and I got it to work! Not sure where it went wrong before… I did do a reset on the device but I think I never tried including both port and url path (ch…) without the credentials in the url :slight_smile: .

For other people having the same issue as me in the future I will share my motioneye connection details:
type: Network camera
url: rtsp://192.168.107.171:554/ch0_0.264
username: admin
password:
camera: (will be autofilled on detection) happytime rtsp server 2.2

1 Like