Old Router Failed - Network

Good day all,

So I noticed that a few days ago that my network had started to act a little strange. It used to be that I would open up the network folder on my MacBook Pro and see that “Hass IO” would show up as being a connected device on the network. Since I had the “Samba Share” add on I was able to get into the config files of HA and mess around with Automation files and whatnot. And then, all of a sudden it wouldn’t let me in. I would try and it would say “Connection Failed”. And after this it would just not show up at all. And now, just this morning, everything went south. I was literally in one of my automation files on the web interface and all of a sudden it just lost connection mid session and I could not get it back. This is where things got really interesting. Not 15 minutes later my ipad pro, sitting on the desk next to me, suddenly decided to update. Typically with Apple products they ask you for permission before an update but this did it all on its own. And then, my macbook pro, where I was messing with the HA, did the exact same thing. Shut itself down and began to update all on its own. I have NEVER seen this before. Apple must have pushed some critical update or something.

And after all of this I noticed that the router failed. It was an older Netgear something and I concluded that the physical connectors on the router failed and whatever was hard connected to it was no longer being seen by the router. Fair enough, it was time for an upgrade anyhow. So I just purchased a new Netgear Nighthawk MR60. Now I cant connect to the Pi. The question is how do I get the new router to see the Pi? I really really hope that whatever happened to the network did not take the Pi also. I don’t have a lot of experience with accessing the Pi via SSH on my Macbook but I think this is what I need to do to see if everything is still good to go. I must need to get in there and tweek some configs so that I can get everything working properly again. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Everyone stay safe…

Does your new router have the same network range as the old one?

e.g. were you using 10.1.1.0/24 an are now using 192.168.0.0/24 ?