Olimex Esp32-poe-iso as Bluetooth Proxy: Turn off LEDs on boot?

Hello, I am very new to ESPHome, and I am experimenting with Bluetooth Proxy on a Olimex ESP32-POE-ISO dev board. I got the Proxy up and running without issue, and adopted into ESPHome, but the board has some LEDs on board that are very bright, and I don’t have a case that conceals them. I’d love to be able to turn those LEDs off.

It seems like I should be able to turn the LEDs off with an on_boot: section of the config that contains some light.turn_off: actions, but I don’t know (a) if that would work, and (b) how to address the on board LEDs if it would.

Would love any insights or suggestions. Thanks!

Not familiar with that specific board, but mine has both a power LED that’s always on and an LED tied to GPIO2. Can’t do anything about the power LED outside of physically removing it (or in my case, I found a small bit of electrical tape was sufficient to block it out).

The GPIO2 LED won’t be on unless the YAML turns GPIO2 on (or off, can’t remember how it’s wired).

So unless yours has the LEDs tied to GPIOs (that also aren’t part of operating the Ethernet connection), I’m guessing removal or covering are your only options.

Looking at the GPIO map, it doesn’t appear they are tied to GPIO lines. The LEDs are labelled “CHRG” (charge), “PWR” (power), “LINK” and “ACT” (activity), so I’m guessing they are hardwired. My soldering skills are not up to the challenge removing these, but maybe some black electrical tape will do the trick…