Olimex MOD-MRF24J40 Zigbee module

Hello,
Does anyone know how to pair an Olimex MOD-MRF24J40 Zigbee module to a Z2M or ZHA network?

This device is connected to the UEXT extension port of an ESP32-POE-ISO, I would like to be able to remotely reboot a wifi terminal connected to POE…

I have already tried with turning on the esp32 after grounding the rst but nothing in the debug of z2m

for 6€ each, we must find any intelligent way to use it in our configurations !!!

Regards,
Benoit.

I use a Olimex ESP32-POE-ISO, it can be connected either on Lan 100Mb or by wifi,
it can be powered with Ethernet POE or USB, and can have a lipo battery.

esphome is running fine, you can flash it via USB, OTA or OTC (on the cable)

there are also other Olimex cards using the UEXT extension connector used to connect the zigbee add-on card

esphome:
  name: esp32-poe

esp32:
  board: esp32dev
  framework:
    type: arduino

api:
  encryption:
    key: "5T9iIxkwxxxxxxUiODETOungzyg3Myyyyyyyi17ie5TU="

ota:
  password: "70d2289348a88af57fa246902b82255787"

#wifi:
#  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
#  password: !secret wifi_password
#  password: jemet_portnawak

ethernet:
  type: LAN8720
  mdc_pin: GPIO23
  mdio_pin: GPIO18
  clk_mode: GPIO17_OUT
  phy_addr: 0
  power_pin: GPIO12
  manual_ip:
    static_ip: 192.168.92.230
    gateway: 192.168.92.20
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    dns1: 192.168.92.20
    dns2: 192.168.92.155

I just want to be able to restart an ethernet switch by switching off it power supply witch is connected on a zigbee power plug.
this switch handle the POE wifi access points
we can imagine an automatic restart of some devices that are non responsive.

you are right, I can just plug a relay on a gpio.
we could use the MOD-MRF24J40 (this is just a mfr24j with a line driver and a 10 pin connector for power and SPI Bus) as a deported zigbee network, that could save a RPI in a ‘slave’ mode.

this device could be “matter” compliant, a good thing for the future of Home automation, and for ESP Home.
the only main problem I see is the 2.4 GHz frequency.

@bentou It looks like who ever you were talking to is gone and their posts are deleted. Were you ever able to get the zigbee module working with the ESP32-POE?

No, I didn’t.

seems like esphome will never handle zigbee nor thread.